Manager, Digital Data Platform
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
As part of the Digital Platform Engineering Team, you will have a rare opportunity to develop software solutions that bring together data in real-time from a variety of sources and make data available programmatically to multiple partners ranging from data scientists to business teams to end customers. You will be working on cutting-edge technologies to solve problems of scale and speed.
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for processing, enriching, and persisting events from stream and batch data pipelines.
- Scale Digital Platform API to enable reliable and performant programmatic data access across HomeAway’s Global services.
- Design data services to help the business understand customers’ needs before they do.
- Work closely with data science, analytics, and product teams to solution and implement data products and pipelines.
- Lead the resolution of production problems and efforts to track and remediate issues.
- Organize, promote, and drive Agile development processes within the team.
- Recruit, mentor, and motivate great engineering talent.
- Build a team committed to quality, velocity, and a data-driven mindset.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of data engineering experience using Big Data platforms in a large enterprise or web-scale environment.
- Technical leader with 2+ years of supervisory responsibilities on a high-performance engineering team.
- Experience designing and developing data-intensive applications in a cloud-based infrastructure; work in eCommerce is a plus.
- Experience developing and maintaining production data pipelines using Kafka, Spark, or other stream processing frameworks.
- Hands-on coding experience with Java, Scala, or other JVM-based languages.
- Experience working on database architectures using technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.