Analyst (Social Media)
Spredfast + Lithium is looking for a social media analytics expert to join our fast-growing Social Strategy Team. The Strategy Team's mission is to drive revenue growth and improve customer retention through strategic client engagements that showcase the platform's capabilities and help customers connect with the people they care about most.
The ideal candidate possesses excellent domain knowledge of social/digital marketing, is highly analytical and enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The Analyst will be responsible for managing and executing analyses to evaluate social content performance, identify notable trends in the social landscape and uncover opportunities to improve social marketing performance This role will also assist with the development of research-backed social media marketing playbooks, establish channel-specific KPIs for measurement programs and execute paid social media optimization analyses. A successful candidate will have solid analytical instincts and a passion for using social media data to inform marketing strategy.
In addition to executing analyses, the Analyst will be responsible for overseeing the completion of projects conducted by junior team members, ensuring deliverables of the highest quality are completed within the timeline and budget allocated.
This role will report to a Senior Analyst and work closely with the sales and professional services teams to enable world-class social media measurement and reporting for Spredfast + Lithium customers.
- Counsel customers on establishing goals and translating marketing objectives for social media analytics reports.
- Analyze trends and innovations in social media measurement models and tools.
- Collect, analyze and interpret both organic and paid data to generate reports that provide a visual representation of social media campaign performance and insights.
- Develop succinct reports that convey complex concepts and findings in a digestible format for non-technical audiences.
- Apply best practices for measuring campaign performance across all of the major social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.).
- Provides guidance to junior staff on day-to-day project management.
- Collect and analyze information from multiple data sources, ensuring data is reliable, using technical expertise and tools to uncover insights, statistics and trends.
- Responsible for downloading raw data reports that chart customer KPIs and provide insight and analysis as to what the numbers mean for the customer's daily operations as well as long-term strategy.
- Inform the roadmap of Spredfast + Lithium products that facilitate measurement and be an internal champion for analytics and paid media optimization at Spredfast + Lithium.
- Facilitate the productization of Strategic Analytics Services at Spredfast + Lithium.
- Serve as a research and analytics Subject Matter Expert in customer meetings and at external events.
- At least 5-7 years experience in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations or statistics.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience with managing direct reports and developing junior talent a plus.
- Solid understanding of Boolean query construction and experience with Social Listening Tools is preferred.
- Experience with social media platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and more.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and executing measurement reporting and optimizing of paid media campaigns on behalf of a brand or media company.
- Excellent project management skills and are highly organized.
- Work efficiently, are dependable and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to manage tasks with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- Experience with analytics tools or related programming languages (e.g. Tableau, R, Python, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with statistical analysis software a plus (e.g., R, SAS, etc.).
- Moderate travel will be required.