Associate Social Media Strategist
Spredfast is seeking an Associate Strategist to add to our growing professional services team. Associate Strategists are mix of social media expert, media planner and analyst who can counsel Spredfast customers on best practices. They can work independently with little oversight, both on their specific assignments but also across disciplines for larger team deliverables. Associate Strategists have started to develop an area of expertise but are still proficient across all types of social (paid, content, community management, analytics, etc.).
The ideal candidate embraces a fast-paced work environment and is interested in supporting customers from a wide-range of industries. A deep understanding of social media and major networks is key, as is a sense of curiosity and a “can-do” attitude. They are master multitaskers, communicators, negotiators, and constantly strive for flawless execution. They are eager for feedback, identifying new goals and ways to improve themselves and the team around them. They will take ownership in their projects and accounts while also working collaboratively as a team to develop social strategies that meet and exceed our customers' business objectives. They will become expert-level users of Spredfast Conversations and Intelligence platform.
Associates not only have a deep understanding of social networks, technology, and trends, but are confident, creative, and effective in managing a small team of Social Media Coordinators. This Associate Strategist will report to a Strategist and work closely with sales, professional services, and creative teams.
- Effectively manage customers on a day-to-day level while keeping an eye on long-term vision for goals and growth.
- Monitor and manage customers’ brands across all major social networks and actively mine social conversations for relevant insights and opportunities to engage.
- Assist with scheduling staffing resources to ensure consistent coverage on accounts.
- Answer customer inquiries competently and efficiently, coordinating with internal teams when necessary.
- Work with strategists and analysts to plan, forecast, and report for on social media marketing and care programs. Manage outcomes against a set of defined business goals and KPIs.
- Review and analyze paid and organic content for optimization and strategic opportunities to improve.
- Consult on social media strategies for Spredfast customers and new business pitches as needed.
- Provide strategic counsel to customers on best practices for organic and paid social programs across all major networks.
- Manage and mentor social media coordinators by facilitating opportunities to grow and accomplish established goals.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years in the social media space or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Strong familiarity with key social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and Snapchat.
- Experience working with advertising platforms across the major social networks.
- Passionate about all things social; demonstrate an eagerness to learn and share best practices, new trends, and major developments in the social space.
- Enthusiasm for and willingness to grow in all facets of social media management including marketing, social care, content strategy, content creation, measurement, and account management.
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated issues independently, even with little initial information.
- Demonstrate initiative and independence; is consistent and dependable.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to help a teammate, customer, or community member.
- Works well within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams with many moving parts; highly developed sense of teamwork is a necessity.
- Excellent project management and organization skills; ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize based on customer needs.
- Ability to manage and analyze large data sets, work in Excel, and create and build meaningful charts and reports.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills; ability to think critically about content in context of brand messaging, goals, and voice.
- Ability to manage multiple personalities and communication styles, empathize with team members, and successfully navigate interpersonal communication to create and maintain a positive team environment.
- Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills required.
- Agency or brand experience preferred.
- Regulated industries experienced is a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish/English or other languages is a plus.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Occasional evening and weekend coverage may be required.
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Hamburg, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.