Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
The Blackbaud team is recruiting for a passionate and driven individual to lead the development, growth, and evolution of the Blackbaud community. We are seeking someone who can be the ultimate advocate for creating an environment where Blackbaud users are working together to use our solutions to forward their mission more effectively.
Through community advocacy, demand generation, brand evangelism, and savvy communication skills, you will redefine the customer experience and drive rapid growth in net promoter scores. You must be familiar with the power of social engagement and its vast applications and adeptly apply it to Blackbaud and our evolving business model. You will work extensively with internal and external teams to create viral growth and interest in the Blackbaud community.
- Create online/live demand generation programs and strategies for Blackbaud customers to use Blackbaud Communities as the first and best place to go for information, knowledge and discussion
- Grow participation to a large % of the overall user base
- Be a daily, active presence in our online community, acting as a guiding force for discussions
- Leverage marketing programs to maximize reach and exposure of our community channels and content
- Create “delightful experiences” for key contributors that help the community provide value for other organizations and users
- Create reward systems for users
- Create contests and games with value and fun based reward systems
- Evangelize the customer’s perspective, always thinking about how to improve their experience
- Translate business plans and goals into community activities/engagement
- Earn and maintain a “trusted advisor” status both within our Community and within our internal business partners
- Utilize metrics and analytics to validate everyday community direction and decisions
- Create an internal and external brand for Communities
- Grow brand champions that are advocates for Blackbaud and the community that become promoters
- Internal Engagement
- Build relationships with key stakeholders internally (Product Management, Services, Education, Customer Support, Customer Success, etc) to support the community via Q/A, Blogs, Thought Leadership, etc.
- Represent the Community teams at key stakeholder meeting and provide updates to senior leadership (EC, ELT, etc)
- Partner with internal business leaders to ensure Community priorities are relevant, impactful, and collectively understood
Community Team Engagement
- Actively engage with other community managers within the Blackbaud team
- Collaborate and standardize community practices
- 2+ years of experience managing online communities and user groups in software or technology
- A passion for (and track record of) understanding, advocating for and improving the customer experience within a Community context
- Experience gathering customer insights and making strategic decisions based on those insights
- Success leading integrated marketing campaigns to drive Community growth
- An understanding of the global nature of your work and the ability to work closely with global colleagues to adapt our programs to meet their needs
- World-class verbal & written communicator
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.