Content Marketing Manager
Spredfast+Lithium is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to assist with content marketing initiatives that directly impact the success of our fast-paced company. First and foremost, we need a talented writer and thorough editor. The main responsibilities of this role include developing, editing, and proofreading content of all types-from website copy to short-form blog posts to longform whitepapers to video scripts. We need a rare breed: a natural-born writer with a strong voice who can also prove their meticulous attention to detail. We also want someone curious about developing the strategic arm of any good content plan who demonstrates, above all, a sense of autonomy, warmth and flexibility. Because we sell software to help brands manage the digital customer experience, the ideal candidate will possess either a background or a natural fluency in in social media marketing and digital customer care alike.
- Serve as a content creator – from long-form whitepapers to blog posts to video
- Identify thought leadership stories, trending topics, and generate content to support specific brand positioning and campaign efforts
- Take ownership of the blog editorial calendar
- Assist with updating, maintaining, and adding new content (including 3 - 5 weekly blog posts) across the corporate website
- Proofread written materials for style, grammar, etc.
- Assist with drafting and/or editing branded content, such as presentations, white papers and website copy
- Take part in a large-scale redesign project for a website for our recently-merged brand, acting as strategist and copywriter when needed
- Contribute to ongoing social media market research and content projects, identifying and reporting on trends and relevant conversations in the marketplace
- Applications without a cover letter & writing samples will not be considered.
- 2 - 4 years' experience as a content marketing specialist, manager, or communications professional
- Excellent writing and grammar skills with a strong attention to detail (we intentionally left at least one AP Style error in this posting-let us know where you see errors in your application)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both in a team and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- A sense of humor, positive attitude and passion for the social media industry
- HTML & CSS knowledge are a plus, though not required
- Video editing experience is a plus, though not required