Who We Are and What We Are About
Drumroll is an engagement agency infatuated with the WHY. Our focus is on turning often overlooked moments into meaningful connections, in memorable and measurable ways. From removing internal barriers, to creating a holistic experience journey, to extending the relationship between a customer and a brand, we are designed to build BRAND LOVE. To deliver on that promise, we’ve built a team comprised of creative, problem solving experts. Around here, good ideas come from everywhere.
We are seeking a Copywriter to join our talented team of creative seekers of truth. This person will work on an expanding list of premiere, fortune 500 clients. The role requires all of the standard Copywriter-y responsibilities---you will be expected to develop and execute concepts based on project briefs, present concepts to clients, revise direction and execute the final concept. It also requires a strategic thinker, who is brilliant at crafting the way a brand connects through voice definition, social campaigns, event activations and digital campaigns. If you are chasing the next Superbowl ad campaign, this may not be your bag. If you are inspired by the particular challenges of brand building and engagement strategy with an emphasis on concepting...badda-bing----you're this kind of creative. It will also be a key player in enabling the team to take on new, more innovative work with this client and grow this sizeable piece of business.
The Copywriter reports to a Creative Director and ultimately the Executive Creative Director. This role will be responsible for mentoring junior writers in our growing agency.
Who You Are
Outgoing. Energetic. Kind. Superb at time management. Focused and organized. Exceptional communicator. Humble; you thrive in a collegial atmosphere where the intern’s ideas are given as much respect at the ECD’s. You aspire to concept and execute industry-leading creative work. You like deep diving into a project. The spirit of the entrepreneur is strong in you---you take ownership of your team and projects; are equally proactive in directing as you are in executing. You want to play an active role in growing a major account. You are an enthusiastic mentor to more junior creatives, who knows how to lead by direction. You don’t necessarily like Fellini’s work, but you get it.
What You Gotta Know
- 5+ years of copywriting concept and execution experience required.
- 3-5 years experience with campaign work and advertising headline writing
- Strong understanding of Web technologies (as they relate to creative concept development)
- Adaptable, responsive style and ethic---this account is every changing and rigidity will get you nowhere.
- Dynamic, innovative and business-savvy
- You know when to be professional and when to lead an impassioned, PowerPoint presentation in the open office on the subject of when it is, and isn’t, appropriate for men to wear sandals.
- Completion of a bachelors, portfolio or masters program in relevant field, or gobs of applicable work experience.
This is a full time, on site position.
Extra cool if you
- Conceptual and campaign experience at an agency preferred
- Have traditional writing or experiential creative leadership experience
- Have prior experience with national brands (this is strongly preferred), especially in regulated categories.
- Routinely use the name McGyver as a verb
Backstage at Drumroll
Life at Drumroll includes a bunch of perks beyond full health, vision and dental coverage, 401k, and the standard basket of goodies. We also provide an ever evolving employee experience that includes, birthdays off, Valentine’s half day to show your brand love, monthly birthday lunches, referral bonuses, ping-pong, X-box and 8-bit gaming systems, a stocked kitchen, kickball team and a killer view from our offices in Downtown Austin.
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position.
Please send resume and a link to your online portfolio or samples of work. Applications absent of portfolios will not be reviewed. Please do not neglect this critical element! If your portfolio and credentials hit all the sweet spots, we will reach out to schedule an in person interview.
Please note that only applicants that meet the requirements will be considered.
If you like what you see, but don’t meet the specifics of our current need, send us a general inquiry at [email protected] We read them—honestly. We want people who dig our act, and will totally reach out if your experience fits a role we anticipate opening down the line.