Director, Corporate Communications
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is cognitive computing. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. CognitiveScale is a high-energy, high-growth company funded by entities such as IBM, Intel Capital, Microsoft M12 Ventures and Norwest Venture Partners.
We are seeking an enterprising individual to join our growing team as the Director of Corporate Communications who is highly effective in including managing agencies and analyst firm relationships and social media influencers.
This person will work closely with the CognitiveScale executive team, marketing and external agencies to raise visibility and reinforce messaging through public and analyst relations. With direction from the Vice President, Marketing, the Director of Corporate Marketing and Communications will assist with the development, implementation, and management of the corporate marketing, branding, and communications strategies, both external and internal. This position will set objectives, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure departmental objectives and operating requirements are met.
Coordination at the strategic and tactical level with the Director of Product Marketing, Demand Generation Lead and regional sales teams are expected in the role
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the development and execution of global marketing and communications initiatives; responsible for internal and external communications
- Recommend short and long-term marketing and communications strategies and objectives to the VP of Marketing/Biz Dev and outline a plan of achievement
- Develop and manage brand delivery, developing and implementing strategies to strengthen the company’s market presence
- Lead PR/AR strategy and execution and integrate planning with marketing planning cycles, programs and events
- Own news creation, press content calendar, press release development and execution
- Own customer reference programs including success story development and promotion, and developing/fulfilling customer speaking, press coverage and social sharing opportunities
- Manage the company awards, speaking and editorial calendar programs
- Develop and manage the company industry analyst relations (AR) program by building relationships and understanding among tier 1 and 2 analysts; secure analysts as positive press references; track research agendas of the leading analyst firms and insure inclusion in relevant reports and positive perception of CognitiveScale
- Build and maintain key Influencer relationships in the industry
- Coordinate with CognitiveScale worldwide teams, to integrate PR, AR and content efforts where needed
- Manage and lead vendor resources, track metrics, reporting results monthly/quarterly to executive leadership
- Work closely with the design team to ensure all content is placed and promoted
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations and use this information to help the organization operate with initiative and innovation
- Develop and implement procedures necessary for smooth operation of the marketing and communications functions
About 15% domestic and international
- BSc/BA in marketing, communications, journalism or business preferred
- Proven ability to apply PR and AR programs linked to business strategy
- 8-10 years’ experience with B2B marketing; technology and global experience strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of media relations (earned, owned and paid) and experience in driving the most optimal mix to drive growth goals
- Strong track record in forming productive relationships with influential business, IT, vertical and social media
- Exceptional storytelling, content creation, writing, and strategic editing skills
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
- Strong creative and analytical thinking with strategic, organizational, and sales skills
- Experience creating and operating within a budget
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and work with cross functional teams
- Proven leadership skills creating a compelling vision, leading change, and driving sustainable results
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other means.