Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
The Director, Vertical Marketing is primarily responsible for developing and executing the Go-To-Market strategy for assigned vertical. This includes creating the market definition, value proposition, buyer profiles, packaging and offer creation, as well as sales enablement tools that ensure increased market share and customer retention.
Develop and Execute the “Go to Market” strategy to achieve growth objectives for your vertical
Achieve and exceed annual sales targets for the vertical.
Create strategic marketing plan for assigned vertical, including market sizing, segmentation, key plays and strategies for increasing market share and retaining/expanding existing customers.
Oversee the sizing and definition of market segments, understand the competitive dynamics of targeting, positioning, pricing, packaging and differentiation for assigned portfolio.
Oversee packaging and pricing decisions for assigned vertical.
Translate the positioning framework into actionable plans across the vertical with measureable results. Ensure consistent view of vertical and solid understand of each buying persona and the corresponding solutions to meet their needs.
Leverage deep understanding of key market segment strategies and the needs of our customers to establish a winning position assigned vertical within the competitive landscape.
Collaborate closely with Demand Generation to ensure sufficient volume of opportunities to meet pipeline coverage and sales objectives.
Ensure the design and create consistent sales toolkits for assigned portfolio to increase win rate.
Oversee content management of sales collateral for portfolio – and ensure effectiveness and consistency in messaging, and assessing the types of effective collateral
Ensure Partnership with Sales Enablement and Customer Success for front line sales and customer communications - partner across sales, solutions engineers, and marketing in ensuring effective communications that drive results.
Ensure leverage of our value proposition in developing content for: product differentiation presentations, competitor information, needs analysis, case studies, web content, and ROI benefits.
Empower internal stakeholders; influence external nonprofit decision makers, partners, and thought leaders
Represent comprehensive view of opportunities and challenges for vertical to stakeholders across the business, including executives.
Effectively engage Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Partners, and Customer Success; liaise across various organizational levels to ensure the overall success of assigned vertical in the market.
Work with Product Management to drive roadmap investment strategy and ensure execution to meet vertical objectives.
Ensure that the organization is effectively equipped and collaboratively educated on our strategy to enable full achievement of revenue goals.
Leverage your reputation as a senior ‘market expert’ to partner with senior leadership and guide the short and long-term agenda for assigned vertical.
https://blackbaud.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ExternalCareers/job/Charleston---South-Carolina---USA/Director--Marketing_R0002473-1?source=BuiltinAustin- Ensuring internal and external stakeholders are armed with: value/differentiation presentations, pitch decks, demonstrations, call scripts, case studies, web content, white papers, ROI modeling.
- Ensure strong partnership and collaboration with Demand Generation, Product Marketing, and Digital Marketing teams to design and deliver lead generation initiatives across multiple vehicles
- Ensure a keen understanding of the competition, buyer needs, industry influencers and decision makers while possessing the ability to effectively communicate internally and externally
- Market share
Experience and Skills
- 7-10 years of software Product Marketing experience and/or specific vertical expertise
- Experience and a track record of driving adoption, growth and results
- BS/BA required, MBA advantageous
- Strong problem solving, analytical and mental acuity
- Business savvy with proven ability to develop, promote, and execute a business development plan
- Exceptional ability to write and create product content; able to write quickly and concisely for non-technical audiences; writing samples required
- Proven influencing skills with top executives, working cross-functionally and with clients/prospects
- Self starter, creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
- Strong affinity for sales team success, prior sales experience a plus
- Proven marketplace relationship building skills with industry influencers, pivotal clients
- Proven record of thriving in fast-paced and matrixed environment
- Experienced with salesforce.com or similar CRM, web conferencing tools, expert-level proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Prior experience working with nonprofit software or services providers
- Experience working for or volunteering with a nonprofit or nonprofit board experience
- Product Roadmaps from Product Management
- Horizontal Product Marketing Plans and Content from Horizontal Product Marketing
- Market and Customer Data
- Market Research, Customer, Prospect and Front Line Feedback
- Vertical Go-To-Market Strategy and Plans
- Go-To-Market Plans updated quarterly with ongoing execution
- Vertical content for Demand Gen for all key buying personas
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.