OutboundEngine, the leading done-for-you marketing automation service for small businesses, is seeking an Editor with mortgage marketing experience and knowledge of the housing industry to help create amazing content and campaigns for our customers. We’ve raised $33.8M in funding, have over 10,000 customers on our platform, and need a creative and detail-oriented person to keep our clients looking great online. This position focuses on editing email newsletters and creating social media content for our mortgage customers.
Founded in 2012, OutboundEngine automates email and social media marketing for small businesses by combining a simple, easy-to-use marketing automation platform with professionally written and beautifully designed content. Our clients spend less time on marketing and more time serving their customers, and their customers get valuable content that they’re excited to engage with.
a process-oriented self-starter who can successfully juggle multiple projects with little supervision. You hit deadlines month after month and take initiative, particularly when the unexpected arises. You can give clear feedback to writers and editors and receive it without taking it personally. You’re inherently good with spelling and grammar and don’t hesitate to double-check yourself. You’re also super organized and a team player.
What You’ll Do
- Research, assign, edit, fact-check and proofread email newsletters for mortgage loan officers and their clients across the US.
- Write compelling subject lines and headlines
- Source relevant articles and images and write engaging social media posts
- Give constructive feedback to freelancer writers
- Research real estate and homeowner trends and create content calendars
- QA content in our app and schedule for delivery
- Contribute to and edit corporate marketing content like company blog, ebooks, infographics, white papers, videos and other content marketing assets
- Work closely with product team to improve customer experience
- Outstanding editing skills, demonstrated through 3-5 years of experience in journalism, blogging, copywriting or content marketing
- Must be comfortable with both structural editing and line edits
- Comfortable making assignments and edits for freelance writers
- Mortgage marketing experience
- Familiarity with email marketing metrics and conversion
- Internet savvy with the judgment to discern quality articles for content curation
- Strong writing ability, ranging from short teasers to longer form content like blogs and e-books
- High degree of creativity combined with an obsessive attention to detail
- Familiarity with AP style
- Working knowledge of basic web infrastructure: HTML, CMS, etc.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a deadline-driven environment
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to the changing needs of a fast-growing startup
What’s In It For You
What's in it for you:
- Competitive base salary with up to a 10% annual bonus.
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability).
- Generous PTO.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages.
- Casual dress and music rocking all day.
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more.
* To apply, please attach a cover letter telling us why you’d be great for this position. We’re also interested in portfolio links or samples if you have them.