Email Marketing Technology Manager
HomeAway is a technology and data-driven company with both becoming an increasingly important part of Marketing and CRM. We have a new position open as an Email Marketing Technology Manager which will help lead the email marketing technology vision and strategy going forward. Our goal is to become best in class for email utilizing new technology with a data driven approach. As the industry leader in the Vacation Rental space – we generate a lot of data. Working side by side with our digital platform team, using this extensive amount of data, you’ll play a major hands-on role in how and what we deliver to our email marketing teams.
You’ll partner with different teams, decision makers to understand their needs and goals, and then work with other Engineers and Analysts to develop creative solutions. Simply put – we want you to be instrumental to HomeAway’s data consumption and insights. No big deal, right? As part of the Performance and Operations team within Email Marketing, you will have the chance to work closely with all aspects of marketing as well as be working closely with different parts of the Engineering Team. You will have a unique chance to lead different marketing technology products, evolving them to make a real impact to the business. You will also have the chance to work with different brands within the Expedia Group as we come closer to sharing different data, technology and best practices.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a resident email technology expert, working in all areas of the platform
- Collaborate with email specialists and other partners to build and run omni-channel campaigns, providing recommendations and utilizing automation standard methodologies.
- Help develop solutions that enhance the overall customer experience and drive business results. Lead the systems integrations, ensuring that data quality is maintained from system to system.
- Prepare training materials and other resources for users and support the long-term adoption of new technologies and integration of campaigns into business processes
- Produce detailed functional specifications based on business requirements
- Troubleshooting into bugs of the email marketing platform
- Own the email marketing platform technologies from a business standpoint
Who you are:
Our ideal contributor, at a minimum, will be able to:
- Work with our internal marketing, business, product and technology teams to understand objectives, troubleshoot current issues and understand end to end work flows
- Work with internal engineers, developers and technical product managers to scope business requirements and business value to different solutions
- Advanced email marketing technology experience
- Product ownership from marketing perspective
- Communicate and present problem statements, business strategies, hypothesis and results to company executives and partners on a regular basis
- Advance SQL experience
- Experience querying data and data storage/gathering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years marketing experience
- Experience with email products/marketing platforms
- Working with cloud based systems, Looker, Hive, AWS
- Experience partnering with technology teams
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.