Global Retention Marketing Manager
Manager, Global Traveler Retention
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway is seeking a talented, high-performing and motivated Marketing manager to lead multi-channel marketing efforts to drive repeat and incremental bookings among our existing customers. The Manager, Global Traveler Retention will be in charge of building the marketing retention and re-engagement plan. You will work with the global traveler strategy function in addition to the traveler product teams and marketing vehicle teams to explore development and launch of re-engagement opportunities.
You will drive innovative retention and win-back marketing activities within this high visibility role. They will create the strategy and program manage a matrixed team of channel experts, delivering process development and executional oversight to the team and reporting OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) to key internal and external partners.
It is imperative that you are passionate about driving optimal engagement among our existing customers and winning back those that have lapsed. This role will bring to bear your experiences in cross-organizational people management skills, creativity, project management, and technical aptitude. They will be comfortable in both the strategic and execution dimensions of marketing.
- Drive repeat and incremental bookings through development of integrated omni-channel marketing campaigns.
- Own the customer lifecycle post-booking (retention) through lapse (re-engagement/win-back strategies)
- Develop an integrated retention marketing strategy and calendar to drive cohesion across all channels with a primary focus on owned and earned channels (CRM, website/App, Social, PR) and secondary focus on paid channels (TV, Radio, OOH, Social, SEM, Display, Affiliates).
- Build a Test & Learn strategy in order to gain insights about what drives repeat bookings
- Collaborate with Product and Product Marketing teams to ensure that marketing initiatives consider the holistic customer journey throughout the site and App experience
- Develop partnerships with marketing leads across Global Traveler, the Channels and Local Activation to ensure the integrated team are aligned
- Create a cohesion between the Global Supply team to ensure communication to consumers who are both a supplier and traveler is in sync
- Act as the core liaison with the Global Creative Services team to prioritize creative resources both internally and externally
- Ensure all creative at any one point in time is omni-channel and on-brand
- Ensure execution across an internal matrix of channel owners and outside agency partners
- Develop reporting protocols and analyze performance in close collaboration with Business Intelligence and Analytics partners
- 7+ years internet, ecommerce experience in a multi-country or global capacity
- 5+ years of retention and/or loyalty marketing experience (ideally in B2C environment)
- Proven ability to manage to goals and exceed them
- Successful execution of win-back strategies
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Deep expertise in omni-channel innovative campaign creations
- Experience working in an iterative, test and learn environment
- Shown success in partnering with product and marketing teams in different locations and countries to understand needs and successfully exceed those
- Lead with a one-team approach, building a project team across functions internally, with agencies and with external partners
- Strong analytical and communication skills, comfortable communicating with executive leadership
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”