We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 750,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laughs together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and inclusivity are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education budget
The Marketing Analyst role
As a Marketing Analyst at A Cloud Guru, you'll be responsible for guiding our marketing team through strategic reporting and insights. This role requires an individual who can deal with dynamic work and manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously. Ideally your skill-set will match marketing business acumen with experience in data and digital marketing tools. To succeed you’ll need to balance prioritizing improving processes and tools to generate better data while building strategic reporting for the team to make great decisions off of your insights.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Gain exposure to a SaaS business model
- Make recommendations to the team based on a variety of marketing data sources
- Work with cloud software platforms (Redshift, Looker, Segment.io)
- Develop your technical skill-set and business operations knowledge
- Explore creative ways to tackle data problems through traditional analytics and advanced statistics
- Work with the larger data team to contribute to and learn holistic data best practices
We are looking for someone who can:
- Influence stakeholders through clear and concise data insights
- Work well with other teams and adapt quickly to changing requirements
- Deal with ambiguous requests and drive towards identifying the source of problems
- Deliver accurate and professional reporting and insights
- Learn quickly and has an appetite for constant improvement and growth
If you have the following experience we'd love to hear from you!
- 3-5 years experience as an Analyst (business/data) or similar title, focus in marketing preferred
- Tackling complex problems (ie. attribution, customer scoring, site design) and making clear recommendations
- Experience with marketing tools (CRM - Hubspot/Marketo, Google Analytics, GTM, etc.)
- Reporting tools (Looker, Tableau, Periscope Data, Chartio)
- Beginner to moderate SQL experience (2+ years)
- R or Python Experience a Plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and analytical
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a computer science or business-related field, or equivalent experience
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our shiny new offices in Austin, Texas. While we do have remote workers, this role requires you to be in our Austin, TX office.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.