Marketing Specialist About us
At Shipwell, we believe every business should be able to deliver customer delight through seamless freight shipping, just like Amazon. Freight is a complex world that Shipwell is making easier for shippers, carriers, and third-party logistics companies. We work with thousands of shippers and carriers to solve their biggest freight challenges with an unmatched technology platform leveraging smart automation and a team of freight professionals. Shipwell is turning the supply chain industry on its head and advancing the way freight has been operating for centuries. Backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley and Austin, Shipwell is poised to dominate freight tech with a fast-paced and gritty startup mentality. Join us, get in on the ground floor of a future Fortune 500 company, and be a part of the future of freight!
The Marketing Specialist role provides you with a unique opportunity to join a high growth freight software company as we journey into a record-breaking third year. We’re looking for candidates with a passion for PR & social media, launching email campaigns, supporting channel partner marketing, and someone with a growth mindset with a drive to always be improving. We need someone with a history of working in cross-functional positions and is familiar with effective PR and media relations, social media for B2B, aligning with sales teams for channel partner marketing, and demand generation. This role has a career path with tremendous management opportunities and an attractive compensation package.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
- Work cross-functionally with sales, operations, and recruiting teams to identify marketing opportunities that meet business objectives
- Develop social media strategies to increase awareness and followers of Shipwell
- Work in HubSpot to create and send email marketing campaigns, reporting on metrics
- Collaborate with sales to enrich partner marketing efforts
- Contribute to the content calendar and writing some blog, whitepaper, and other digital content
- Marketing support for conferences (e.g., preparing collateral, tracking leads, promoting across channels, etc.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- BA/BS or relevant work experience in B2B digital marketing organizations, or agency experience with B2B organizations
- 2+ years of marketing experience
- Proven success in quality and quantity of campaigns and projects
- Flexibility to proactively take on assignments and responsibilities
- Experience creating design assets, branded materials, and content for digital consumption and web
- Skills in writing for a wide range of audiences, from technical to general interest
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) and strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with an ability to inspire and motivate
- Familiarity with digital CMS platforms (we’re on WordPress), HubSpot, Google Analytics, recruiting and social media channels
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated success working on cross-functional teams
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, has a voice
View all our open positions at www.shipwell.com/careers
We’ve announced our Series A financing round! Read more on TechCrunch.
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.