Product Marketing Manager
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2017 is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to work closely with our Strategic Business Development (SBD) partners to support product launches, create sales and marketing assets, and follow competitive developments and industry trends. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and time manager with experience in an ecommerce and/or SaaS startup environment.
What you'll do
- Develop operational excellence within the Product Marketing team
- Develop, implement, and maintain a repeatable go-to-market process to streamline how we launch products, including those provided by a partner.
- Solidify that GTM process through practice running point on many of our product launches
- Build framework / messaging structure for how BigCommerce messages at a category level (e.g. payments) that can serve as an umbrella when talking about one or more partners
- Build a standard/repeatable output process for each feature initiative (web page, brief, sales/support updates, etc)
- Build feedback loop from prospects, customers, and partner based on product/feature integrations and usage
- Align to specific product teams to ensure product marketing has a knowledge of and can inform the roadmap of upcoming integrations.
- Support cross-functional efforts to launch new products and drive market success
- Edit, write, and produce compelling messaging and positioning for internal and external audiences, to be used across multiple touch points, including our website, PR / comms, and sales
- Assist in market segmentation and opportunity sizing
- Monitor and document technology trends, ecosystem developments, and competitive moves that influence customer needs for competitive and market dynamics analysis
- Work with partner marketing to build and contribute to go-to-market campaigns
- Provide input back to partner managers to continually improve integrations based on customer feedback
- Create materials with and for our external partners
- Create product marketing briefs / messaging for features that partially or fully involve our external strategic business development partners
- Create public-facing collateral to help drive comprehension and adoption
Who you are
- 5+ years of related experience (i.e. building processes, running launches, developing and executing product messaging and positioning across channels, etc.), ideally including 2+ years of business-to-business marketing experience
- Established deep understanding of the ecommerce space, either as an entrepreneur of a successful business or as an e-commerce manager at an established brand
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Drive) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Communicator - Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as superior relationship-building and influence management skills in interactions with senior leaders, peers, internal and external partners, are a must.
- Time Manager - You value time and use it effectively and efficiently, concentrate your efforts on the most important priorities, and can attend to a broad range of activities.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, and technical knowledge.
- Comfortable Around Higher Management - You deal comfortably with all levels of leadership, including executives, can present without undue tension and nervousness, and can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction and act with customers in mind.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Driven - You manage projects on time in an ever-changing environment and steadfastly push yourself.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events