Product Marketing Manager
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2018 is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to drive product launches, create sales and marketing assets, and follow competitive developments and industry trends. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and time manager with experience in an e-commerce and/or SaaS startup environment.
What You’ll Do:
Be the customer expert, to help drive adoption of our products
- Serve as a key expert on the e-commerce customers, building an understanding of their needs and the purchase decision process
- Monitor and document technology trends, ecosystem developments, and competitive moves that influence customer needs
- Product marketing managers tend to specialize in specific sets of features, so having prior experience in related ecommerce categories (e.g. shipping, payments) and the corresponding customer needs will be a huge plus
Drive cross-functional efforts to launch new products and drive market success
- Edit, write, and produce compelling messaging and positioning for internal and external audiences, to be used across multiple touch points, including our website, PR / comms, and sales
- Be a go-to-market expert: work with the marketing team (including PR, comms, partner, acquisition, and engagement) to develop messaging for cross-channel campaigns to drive successful adoption of the platform and the features associated with the platform, and ultimately drive up revenue and NPS
Influence product and business development decisions to meet the needs of our customers
- Use your understanding of the competition and ecosystem, coupled with an understanding of our product, to influence product and business development decisions.
- Demonstrate skill at preparing business cases and gaining cross-functional alignment in order to help build and grow new products / services that help BigCommerce dominate the e-commerce industry. Prior experience in a strategic function (e.g management consulting) will be helpful here, but also requires an aptitude in diving into execution as well.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of related experience, ideally 2+ years of business-to-business marketing experience
- Established deep understanding of the e-commerce space, either as an entrepreneur of a successful business or as an e-commerce manager at an established brand
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Drive) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Communicator - Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as superior relationship-building and influence management skills in interactions with senior leaders, peers, internal and external partners, are a must.
- Time Manager - You value time and use it effectively and efficiently, concentrate your efforts on the most important priorities, and can attend to a broad range of activities.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, and technical knowledge.
- Comfortable Around Higher Management - You deal comfortably with all levels of leadership, including executives, can present without undue tension and nervousness, and can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction and act with customers in mind.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Driven - You manage projects on time in an ever-changing environment and steadfastly push yourself.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events