Product Marketing Manager
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2018 is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to work closely with our Strategic Business Development (SBD) partners to support product launches, create sales and marketing assets, and follow competitive developments and industry trends.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and time manager with experience in an ecommerce and/or SaaS startup environment, as well as domain expertise within supply chain - shipping, delivery, fulfillment or logistics
What You’ll Do
- Be our resident expert on customer needs for shipping and fulfillment
- Help lead and define global strategy for growing our shipping solutions
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of how ecommerce merchants, across all sizes, manage shipping and fulfillment to their shoppers
- Develop and maintain an understanding of how competitors and the broader ecommerce ecosystem helps solve pain points around shipping
- Assist in market segmentation and opportunity sizing
- Work with the shipping team to bring an outside-in view that drives how we message and position solutions, as well as informs new products that need to be built
- Lead cross-functional efforts to launch new products and drive market success
- Lead all efforts associated with the go-to-market roadmap for shipping
- Edit, write, and produce compelling messaging and positioning for internal and external audiences, to be used across multiple touch points, including our website, PR / comms, and sales
- Work with shipping team to build and drive to go-to-market campaigns
- Provide input back to shipping team to continually improve integrations based on customer feedback
- Create public-facing collateral to help drive comprehension and adoption
Who You Are
- 5+ years of related experience (i.e.supply chain or shipping experience, preferably in e-commerce or b2b marketing experience),
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Drive) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Communicator- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as superior relationship-building and influence management skills in interactions with senior leaders, peers, internal and external partners, are a must.
- Data Oriented - You bring a data oriented mindset to your work. You’re able to amalgamate customer feedback, market research and quantitative stats to support your recommendations
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, and technical knowledge.
- Comfortable Around Higher Management - You deal comfortably with all levels of leadership, including executives, can present without undue tension and nervousness, and can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction and act with customers in mind.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Driven - You manage projects on time in an ever-changing environment and steadfastly push yourself.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.