Public Relations Intern
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
As a fast-growing, e-commerce company, we are searching for a talented and passionate Social Media intern who is interested in learning about corporate social media and working with our team to help grow our social media presence.
What you will work on:
- You’ll scour our sites to find the best, most share-worthy properties on our US brands to fit various marketing categories across global brands.
- You’ll learn about the process for launching social media content, then build and schedule content to be published on our social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- You’ll assist in looking for people who need help booking a vacation and respond to traveler inquiries for places to stay.
- You’ll engage with our fans on sites like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- You’ll assist with categorizing content to build out conversation reporting.
- You’ll support our Social Media Team with program and campaign reporting and other projects as needed.
- You’ll learn how to set up social advertising to promote HomeAway content on various social media channels.
- You’ll gain experience using a variety of tools for publishing, reporting and researching in the social media industry and within a global marketing organization.
- You’ll learn how to identify, attract and repurpose user-generated content (UGC) in meaningful ways.
- You’ll support the influencer team to curate influencers to advocate for the HomeAway brands.
Our Ideal Intern:
- You love all things social media and can’t imagine being disconnected from your social accounts for more than a few hours.
- You love to be creative and want to find interesting ways to put a fresh spin on social content.
- You are a motivated self-starter that likes to take direction and then run with a project.
- You like to provide new ideas when you see an opportunity to add value to a project.
- You like to see the immediate results of your work and then figure out ways to improve upon them.
- You want to learn about the inner workings of a corporate social media program.
- You have excellent communication skills and are eager to make an immediate impact on the business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.