Retention Marketing Manager
A Cloud Guru is the world's leading provider of online IT education. We focus on providing high-quality, affordable and engaging on-demand video courses to hundreds of thousands of professionals. We help our students learn new skills, gain valuable industry certifications, and excel in their careers.
It’s an exciting time at A Cloud Guru - we’ve taught over 600,000 students since our inception 3 years ago; received US venture capital funding with a recent $2M raise in May; and we're now focusing on building out our B2B feature set and product offering.
We're a place for creativity, empowerment, and trust. It’s somewhere that you can do your best work. We were founded by two brothers who wanted to disrupt traditional training by providing affordable virtual training to students that may not have had the same opportunity otherwise. Our brand is down-to-earth, empowering, and relatable. A Cloud Guru is built on empathy and creativity.
What we're looking for
As our Retention Marketing Manager, your job is to take the students that have joined the A Cloud Guru platform, onboard them, communicate with them over their user lifecycle, retain them, empower them to be successful, and turn them into A Cloud Guru advocates!
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Own all post-acquisition marketing touch points with intention of retention and up-sell across B2B, B2B2C, and B2C segments
- Identify logical segments of the market, based on data, to develop and deploy direct response and retention campaigns
- Identify appropriate channels that track the customer journey and help implement workflow automation
- Ensure digital and email activities are trackable, following prospects through their buyer journey, from initial engagement through close
- Use data to create lead scoring from our activities to optimize marketing mix and messaging
- Gain, maintain, and proliferate an intimate knowledge of our buyers and their most pressing challenges through market analysis, research, and direct buyer/influencer interaction
- Work closely with Product Marketing for messaging and internal creative services teams to build assets required to execute your programs
- Build and maintain lead nurture programs and create workflows and messaging maps
- Build and maintain AppCues in-app messaging that will affect all users of the ACG platform
What you'll need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of marketing experience with a focus on both B2C and B2B clients - focus on software/SaaS model preferred
- Thorough understanding of marketing funnel, conversion metrics, SaaS revenue model
- Hands-on implementation using HubSpot or similar Marketing Automation software
- Ideally, experience with Salesforce dashboards and reporting
- Bonus points if you’ve worked with AWS, Google Cloud, or other cloud providers!
Working with us
Our people matter to us. We know everyone has family and friends and for that reason our employees receive 20 days (4 weeks) of leave each year. We understand that time away from work is important and we know well-rested and well-rounded people make better decisions…and ultimately are more productive when at work!
We pay commensurate with experience and we make sure you’re looked after when it comes to benefits.
Our team is spread across the globe - mainly in the US and Australia. Our Marketing and Brand teams work together in Austin, Texas.
For this position we will need you to join our team in our offices in Austin, Texas. We prefer hands on collaboration so this position is not available for remote workers. Unfortunately we're unable to sponsor people into the US at this time.
We are a fast-growing team with big ambitions. We need people who can help us build a solid foundation for the future. If you want to make a difference in a fast-growing team, now is the time to join.
Read Full Job Description