Senior Marketing Manager, Traveler Email Marketing
Sr. Marketing Manager, Traveler Email Marketing
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. experiences together.
We are seeking a talented, high-performing and motivated Senior Manager to lead an internal email production team from idea generation through delivery. In this role, you will lead a global team to develop new email and/or CRM products, provide daily management and support of selected email products, develop and run an email segmentation and engagement strategy, conduct advanced CRM analyses, and lead CRM line extensions into new markets, and report on channel performance to key internal partners (representing 20+brands across 10 geographies around the world). An ideal candidate will have experience in email marketing/marketing automation, project management, online marketing, and working in a matrix-environment with technical aptitude and people management skills, to ensure our international markets receive quality email support service to drive marketing excellence.
- Develop email segmentation strategy, including identifying key customer segments; developing contact strategy; and A/B testing on content and creative optimization.
- Develop new communication strategies and products to optimize email program, improve customer retention and drive incremental sales.
- Monitor daily, weekly, and monthly revenue performance and visualize insights
- Develop and execute comprehensive testing strategies, analysis and documentation to improve email metrics while developing an overall team culture of testing and innovation.
- Manage traveler email production team (5 direct reports) to support end-to-end campaign creation, executing both ad-hoc communications and complex lifecycle campaigns.
- Recommend and implement new strategies, innovative ideas, and/or technologies to grow the email channel.
- Analyze email campaign results, including audience, offers, messaging, creative, deliverability, open rates, click through rates, and conversion.
- Drive and manage email process and project workflow for selected email product.
- Communicate email strategies and plans to technical team members for proper implementation.
- Share email program insights and recommendations with key internal partners, e.g., Merchandising, Product, Brand, Europe and Asia email teams, for ongoing optimization.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7-10 years relevant professional experience, including 5-7 years email marketing experience, preferably in B2C ecommerce
- Experience running a marketing production team
- Experience in a Marketing Automation Tool required, Eloqua experience a plus
- Strong leadership skills
- Creative and innovative thinker with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and experience in analysis, research and presentation creation
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret data and provide actionable insights
- At ease in successfully collaborating across teams and geographies
- Comfortable with ambiguity and imperfect information; demonstrated ability in solving problems creatively
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to use them internally, externally, and at all levels
- Desire to grow in responsibility and expand knowledge base
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.