Senior Product Marketing Manager
BigCommerce, named a “Best Place to Work” in Austin in 2017 is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our team. This person is an expert on the enterprise ecommerce customer, with demonstrated skill in using that expertise to influence product roadmaps and develop messaging to maximize effectiveness of sales and marketing teams. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who can drive where we’re going tomorrow, yet is strong cross-functionally to drive results today. The ideal candidate should have experience with pricing and packaging, as well as international experience. As a senior member of the product marketing team, you will be leading one or more company-changing initiatives and be highly visible with the executive team.
What you’ll do
Be the customer expert, to help drive adoption of our products
- Serve as a key expert on the enterprise ecommerce customer, building an understanding of their needs and the purchase decision process, both in the US and in major international markets
- Drive pricing and packaging decisions that optimize adoption and BigCommerce revenue
- Initiate market research and monitor technology news and trends, ecosystem developments, and competitive moves that influence customer needs.
- Be a go-to-market expert: work with the marketing team (including PR, comms, partner, acquisition, and engagement) to develop messaging for cross-channel campaigns to drive successful adoption of the platform and the features associated with the platform, and ultimately drive up revenue and NPS.
Influence product and business development decisions to meet the needs of our customers
- Use your understanding of the competition and ecosystem, coupled with an understanding of our product, to influence product and business development decisions.
- Demonstrate skill at preparing business cases and gaining cross-functional alignment in order to help build and grow new products / services that help BigCommerce dominate the ecommerce industry. Prior experience in a strategic function (e.g management consulting) will be helpful here, but also requires an aptitude in diving into execution as well.
- Lead cross-functional efforts across Business Development, Sales, Marketing, and Product to launch new products and drive market success.
Serve as a role model
- Serve as an individual contributor leader, role modeling best practices for less experienced peers and navigating complex conversations with business and technical stakeholders.
Who you are
- Experienced and passionate
- 7+ years of experience developing and executing product messaging and positioning across channels (preferably in mid-market/enterprise marketing), ideally including 5+ years of business-to-business marketing experience
- Experience in driving pricing and packaging strategy in SaaS environments
- Deep understanding of the mid-market/enterprise ecommerce space, either via experience as a software vendor to retailers or as an e-commerce manager at an established retailer -OR- prior experience as a top management consulting firm followed by operational experience (strategy AND execution are key drivers for success in this role)
- Passion for defining and launching products in matrixed, multi-channel and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong marketing, strategic, and creative thinking (benefits marketing / customer orientation)
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or other related field, MBA a plus
- Strategist - You combine classic strategic marketing skills with experience in multi-channel marketing/distribution, have perspective, and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
- Strong external and internal leader– You collaborate well cross-functionally with key internal partners, work effectively with external partners to identify potential joint marketing opportunities, and have a willingness to learn and coach.
- Business Savvy- You possess a technical understanding of software and the ecommerce space, have a high degree of business acumen, and provide consistent, accurate information.
- Master Communicator- You have the ability to distill complex and difficult information into easy to understand communications. In other words, can easily “de-geek the speak” with your exceptional and creative and communication skills.
- Influencer- You have demonstrated superior relationship-building and influence management skills in interactions with senior leaders, peers, internal and external partners.
- Customer Focused- You have a passion for eCommerce software solutions, the web, web-based software products, our partners, service, and satisfaction.
- Flexible- You are not only able to cope with change, but you have the ability to shift gears comfortably.
- Driven- You are results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality and business performance.
- Solution Oriented- You have the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems.
- Personable- You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical- You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events