Senior Social Media Strategist
Spredfast is seeking a senior social media strategist to add to our growing professional services team. The mission of a senior strategist is to provide Spredfast customers with specialized expertise and support to unlock the most value possible from their social programs and the Spredfast platform.
The ideal candidate is a mix of social media expert, account planner, and data lover who can counsel Spredfast customers on best practices, social media thought leadership and can map a path to success that aligns with business and communications goals and objectives. The successful candidate embraces a fast-paced work environment and is interested in supporting customers from a wide-range of industries.
A deep understanding of social media and major networks is key, as is a sense of curiosity and a “can-do” attitude. The senior social media strategist will be a manager and mentor to team members; proactively identifying ways to improve themselves and the team around them. This role will report to the director of social strategy and work closely with sales, professional services, and creative teams.
- Effectively manage customers on a day-to-day level while keeping an eye on long-term vision for goals and growth.
- Schedule staffing resources to ensure consistent coverage on accounts.
- Answer customer inquiries competently and efficiently, coordinating with internal teams when necessary.
- Work with analysts to plan, forecast, and report on social media marketing and care programs. Manage outcomes against a set of defined business goals and KPIs.
- Review and analyze paid and organic content for optimization and strategic opportunities to improve.
- Consult on social media strategies for Spredfast customers and new business pitches as needed.
- Provide strategic counsel to customers on best practices for organic and paid social programs across all major networks.
- Manage and mentor social media strategists, managers and coordinators by facilitating opportunities to grow and accomplish established goals.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7-9 years in the social media space or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Candidates ideally have former agency or big brand experience.
- Strong familiarity with key social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and Snapchat.
- Experience working with advertising platforms across the major social networks.
- Passionate about all things social; demonstrate an eagerness to learn and share best practices, new trends, and major developments in the social space.
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated issues independently, even with little initial information.
- Demonstrate initiative and independence; is consistent and dependable.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to help a teammate, customer, or community member.
- Works well within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams with many moving parts; highly developed sense of teamwork is a necessity.
- Excellent project management and organization skills; ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize based on customer needs
- Ability to manage and analyze large data sets, work in Excel, and create and build meaningful charts and reports.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills; ability to think critically about content in context of brand messaging, goals, and voice.
- Ability to manage multiple personalities and communication styles, empathize with team members, and successfully navigate interpersonal communication to create and maintain a positive team environment.
- Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills required.
- Regulated industries experience is a plus.
- Moderate travel may be required; up to two weeks per quarter.
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Madison, Wisconsin, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.