The mission of an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Manager is to maximize the volume of inbound organic traffic from search engines to a website. This is accomplished through a combination of on-page and off-page techniques, including link-building, social media strategy, viral marketing, metadata sculpting, site speed optimization, content strategy, information architecture, and more.
As a result of the daily changes in the search algorithms of Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other leaders in search, an SEO expert works in a dynamic environment that requires them to be continually learning, fine-tuning their skills, and experimenting to discover how the industry is shifting.
The SEO Manager will also need to be able to handle the building of content for the website and social media platforms to support the campaign messaging and SEO strategy of the business.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities, include but is not limited to:
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Provide site audit and SEO analysis and recommendations for optimization of website structure and web pages
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing, and make those changes in different platforms.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Works with Product Managers and Content Managers to identify new subject areas for content development. Assist in creating the content and assets.
- Assist in the creation and support of marketing content for social media purposes (e.g., customer videos briefs, customer case studies, blog posts, posts from analysts and customers)
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BS in marketing or advertising or a related area.
- 5 years of experience in the area of organic search.
- Experience with Google and Bing’s services, including Analytics and Webmaster Tools.
- Experience with Google’s Keyword Tool.
- A functional understanding of HTML and CSS.
- The ability to work with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills.
- Proven success in link building and viral strategies.
- The ability to deploy an effective local and long-tail search strategy.
- A deep understanding of mobile strategy and how it relates to SEO.
- A solid grasp of how blogging, press releases, social media, and related strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO.
- Experience in building inbound organic search traffic and improving SERPs.
- A background in creating reports showing web analytics data and site evaluations.
- An up-to-date, working knowledge of current, past, and projected trends in the SEO industry.
- Experience managing long-tail search strategies and/or analyzing large data sets.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems.
- Familiarity with the best tools in world of search.
- Constant sitting, standing, walking and computer use.
- Constant communication both in person and via telephone and/or computer
- A high level of manual dexterity required.