Social Media Intern
As a fast-growing, e-commerce company, we are searching for a talented and passionate Social Media intern who is interested in learning about corporate social media and working with our team to help grow our social media presence.
What you'll do:
- You'll scour our sites to find the best, most share-worthy properties on our US brands to fit various marketing categories across global brands.
- You'll learn about the process for launching social media content, then build and schedule content to be published on our social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- You'll assist in looking for people who need help booking a vacation and respond to traveler inquiries for places to stay.
- You'll engage with our fans on sites like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- You'll assist with categorizing content to build out conversation reporting.
- You'll support our Social Media Team with program and campaign reporting and other projects as needed.
- You'll learn how to set up social advertising to promote HomeAway content on various social media channels.
- You'll gain experience using a variety of tools for publishing, reporting and researching in the social media industry and within a global marketing organization.
- You'll learn how to identify, attract and repurpose user-generated content (UGC) in meaningful ways.
- You'll support the influencer team to curate influencers to advocate for the HomeAway brands.
Who you are:
- You love all things social media and can't imagine being disconnected from your social accounts for more than a few hours.
- You love to be creative and want to find interesting ways to put a fresh spin on social content.
- You are a motivated self-starter that likes to take direction and then run with a project.
- You like to provide new ideas when you see an opportunity to add value to a project.
- You like to see the immediate results of your work and then figure out ways to improve upon them.
- You want to learn about the inner workings of a corporate social media program.
- You have excellent communication skills and are eager to make an immediate impact on the business.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Discounted rail and bus passes
- Free drinks and snacks
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
This role is part of HomeAway University which starts June 3, 2019 and lasts for 11 weeks. Learn more about our HomeAway University training program here: https://www.homeaway.com/careers/university
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.