Sr. Marketing Manager, Faith Solutions
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
We’ve created an environment where people follow their passion.
There’s something about working at Blackbaud that feels different than other companies—there’s a sense of purpose and a belief that each of us can make a difference in the success of our clients; organizations whose work change lives.
Blackbaud is the world’s foremost provider of technology solutions and services to the nonprofit market. Software, analytics, data, marketing automation, website design, financial management, payment & donation processing. Our broad portfolio contains all of the tools nonprofits need to be successful in fulfilling their missions.
As our next marketing MVP, your mission is to leverage that deep portfolio of offerings to define and launch solutions for the Faith based market. You will be responsible for partnering closely with our product marketing managers to define the ideal “solution suites” by customer profile, product/service needs and target markets. This role includes defining the strategy, vertical and target markets, customer profiles and Go to Market approach, and increasing our attach rate for multi-product sales.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, a proven leader and excellent presenter, an active listener, agile thinker, dreams in numbers, could write a best-selling book on the sales enablement tricks and customer success tactics they've mastered, and thinks about the needs of customers first. If you eat, breathe, sleep marketing and have a passion for collaboration, we’d like to hear from you.
Drive the “Go to Market” planning and launch strategy for the Faith based market
Quickly acquire a thorough understanding of the buyers and operational challenges.
Size and define market segments, understand the competitive dynamics of targeting, positioning, pricing, packaging and differentiation.
Leverage your deep understanding of different market segments, how products should be packaged together to meet the full needs of our customers and engage the target market to establish a winning position within the competitive landscape.
Design and create consistent sales toolkits across for total solution suites
Collaborate with the content marketing manager on sales collateral – and ensure effectiveness and consistency in messaging
Partner with Sales Enablement for front line sales communications - partner across sales, solutions engineers, and marketing in ensuring effective sales communication and decreasing time spent ‘off the sales floor’
Leverage value proposition in developing content for: product differentiation presentations, competitor information, needs analysis, case studies, web content, and ROI benefits
Empower internal stakeholders; influence external nonprofit decision makers, partners, and thought leaders
Effectively engage Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Partners, and Customer Success; liaise across various organizational levels to ensure the overall success of the Faith vertical.
Ensure that the organization is effectively equipped and collaboratively educated on our strategy to enable full achievement of revenue goals.
Leverage your reputation as a ‘market expert’ to partner with senior leadership and guide the short and long-term agenda for the Faith market.
Effectively manage your business by:
- Arming internal and external stakeholders with: value/differentiation presentations, pitch decks, demonstrations, call scripts, case studies, web content, white papers, ROI modeling.
- Collaborating with Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Content Marketing and Digital Marketing teams to design and deliver lead generation initiatives across multiple vehicles: SEM, content marketing, tradeshows, seminars, webinars, calling campaigns, marketing automation programs, etc..
- Developing a keen understanding of the competition, buyer needs, industry influencers and decision makers while possessing the ability to effectively communicate and publicly represent the company and our products at industry events
Crisp execution of projects and analysis, and amazing cross team, cross location collaboration
Clarify and articulate Blackbaud’s position as the leading complete solution provider for nonprofit organizations. Focus your efforts to align with the overall market position, including:.
- Optimize benefits statements, proof points, and conduct and deliver differentiation analysis. Continuously measure, manage and appropriately adjust marketing program effectiveness: lead generation performance; lead conversion ratios; sales cycle conversions and, most important, multi-product bookings and attachment rates.
- Collaborate and drive key demand generation activities in collaboration with the Demand Generation team: content strategy, campaigns, tradeshows, seminars/webinars, and other lead generation activities across the marketing organization.
- Collaborate with Corporate Marketing and Partner Teams to develop market awareness and adoption effectiveness through media relations, social networking, advertising, partner relationships, referral networks and programs, and product and segment collateral.
Measurement of Success
- Pipeline growth
- Win Rate
- Multi-product bookings
- Attachment Rate
- Customer Success
Experience and Skills
- Experience and a track record of driving adoption, growth and results for an established product
- BS/BA required, MBA also advantageous
- Strong problem solving, analytical and mental acuity
- Business savvy with proven ability to develop, promote, and execute a business development plan
- Exceptional ability to write and create product content; able to write quickly and concisely for non-technical audiences; writing samples required
- Proven influencing skills with top executives, working cross-functionally and with clients/prospects
- Self starter, creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
- Strong affinity for sales team success, prior sales experience a plus
- Proven marketplace relationship building skills with industry influencers, pivotal clients
- Proven record of thriving in fast-paced and matrixed environment
- Experience working in the Faith market
- Experienced with salesforce.com or similar CRM, web conferencing tools, expert-level proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Prior experience working with other nonprofit software or services providers
- Prior experience working with other online marketing, email marketing or marketing automation providers
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.