Vice President of Marketing
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and serving as an integral member of the senior leadership team, the VP of Marketing will be responsible for the development of Kendra Scott’s marketing, public relations and communications strategy for all revenue channels and will contribute to organizational strategic operations. The VP of Marketing will develop a world-class communications plan for Kendra Scott; its 75 stores nationwide, as well as growth of our brand awareness, directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance, grow and protect the organization’s brand reputation.
The VP of Marketing will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of marketing and public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization and will build relationships with the senior leadership team, internal teams, and the media. The goal is to advance the organization’s position with relevant constituents as well as to drive broader awareness and ultimately increase revenue for the organization.
The VP of Marketing will be responsible for Kendra Scott’s varied and integrated marketing and communications products and services including: newsletters and other print publications; web, social media, e-commerce, events and other online communications; media and public relations; and marketing. In particular, this individual will develop and drive Kendra Scott’s national brand strategy.
Vision, Strategy, and Leadership
• Develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to advance Kendra Scott’s brand identity; broaden awareness of its pillars and priorities; and increase the visibility of the brand across key stakeholder audiences and within all three channels of distribution.
• The customer always comes first in all that we do. This position will be responsible for the creation of a marketing/public relations strategy that will allow Kendra Scott to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including current and future customers, as well as our own employees.
• Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization, working with leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external marketing and communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
• Develop all elements to build and manage plans for Kendra Scott’s Wholesale, Retail and e-commerce business, designing and driving Kendra Scott’s social media, events and overall marketing strategy and tactics
• Serve as marketing and communications subject matter expert, both internally
• Oversee development of all Kendra Scott’s communications including internal reports (microsite), marketing collateral materials and electronic communications including Kendra Scott’s website and new media; manage relationships with associated vendors
• Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed with Dir of PR.
Leadership / Financial
• Responsible for team leadership and communication that generates cross-functional support, commitment, and discipline; including Wholesale E-Commerce & Retail Marketing teams sharing of creative design resources such as photo shoots and ensuring resources are utilized cost effectively.
• Responsible for managing the on-going development of the team.
• Strategic, tactical and expected to roll-up sleeves and dig in.
• Work closely with both the Retail Operations team and the Retail Stores (field) team to build consensus, ensure support, optimization and effectiveness of programs, and success of plans through to the selling floor and into our shoppers' hands.
• Promote and foster a team atmosphere that results in strong communication and partnerships within the company.
• Ensure all incurred expenses support the priorities and are within approved budgetary guidelines Skills & Knowledge
• Highly motivated individual with proven specialty retail traffic driving experience, as well as merchandising and product portfolio management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft suite applications.
• Proven track record of success within a specialty retail environment.
• Solid experience leading high performing teams & developing talent.
• Proficient project Management skills.
• Solid written and oral communication skills. Experience
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor’s degree required/ Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum 8-10 years’ job specific experience
• 5 plus years’ leadership experience
• CPG and/or retail marketing experience (premium retail preferred)