VP, Mid-Market Marketing
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2018 Best Place to Work in Austin, is searching for a marketing leader to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the candidate will own the full customer lifecycle for mid-market merchants, both direct and channel. The ideal candidate has strong e-commerce experience and a proven track record in B2B SaaS in Mid-Market of consistently exceeding goals in driving net new MRR and customer growth.
The VP, Mid-Market Marketing will develop and execute B2B campaigns and manage large, cross-functional groups. You are data-driven, refining programs to continually improve KPI’s. You’ve worked across a variety of acquisition channels including digital, email, events, and partner creating cohesive campaigns to deliver outstanding merchant experiences. You are a strong partner to our sales teams, ensuring marketing always delivers the highest quality leads, shortening time-to-close, making sales efforts more effective, and driving revenue.
As a leader, you inspire a team to go above and beyond by rallying them around your vision for success.
What You Will Do
Develop and lead our Mid-Market acquisition strategy
- Co-own revenue number with Sales, delivering high-quality leads that convert into MRR.
- Partner with Sales to increase velocity of the sales funnel and revenue pipeline (i.e. responsible for the end-to-end lead process: list acquisition, scoring, campaign management, prioritization and nurture).
- Develop and execute multi-channel, integrated campaigns that leverage digital, email, events, partner and sales channels.
- Bring new and creative ideas to the table around acquisition, retention and growth.
- Partner with shared services marketing functions including Digital, Marketing Ops, Product Marketing and Brand/Communications, as well as cross functionally with key internal partners including Sales, Product, Finance, etc.
- Act as a primary stakeholder with Product Marketing to ID product and partner requirements to fuel growth.
- Work effectively with external business partners to identify potential joint marketing opportunities.
- Manage agency and other outside consultants and vendors to efficiently scale our growth and internal execution.
Lead and manage a team
- Lead, manage, and mentor direct reports and broader marketing team to maximize their individual potential and professional growth, as well as ability to function effectively as a team.
- Build a culture of accountability and successfully crossing the finish line.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement. You and your team must be forward thinking and always testing new opportunities.
- Manage planning, staffing, budgeting, expenses.
Test, learn, and optimize
- Identify, quantify, prioritize, and execute opportunities to test new and emerging channels.
- Analyze campaign and channel performance to drive continued process improvements.
- Use data to test/learn/optimize integrated campaigns that drive the highest quality leads and feed revenue growth for the company.
- Manage the integrated acquisition plan and forecast across all channels.
- Develop budgets and forecasts and manage to them.
Who You Are
- Experienced B2B SaaS Marketing Leader
- Must have e-commerce experience
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth and working hand-in-hand with sales.
- 15+ years of related experience, ideally in B2B SaaS acquisition marketing, across a variety of channels and running cross-functional campaigns to acquire Mid-Market customers.
- Proven expertise in leverage digital channels for growth.
- 10+ years people management experience and a strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment.
- Experience working with inside sales organizations, including experience with Salesforce, marketing automation platforms (Marketo preferred), and marketing databases.
- Experience across a variety of acquisition channels including digital, email, events, and partner, creating cohesive campaigns that drive outstanding merchant experiences.
- Experience running multi-channel strategies and leveraging data to improve performance.
- Data-Driven - A hands-on consumer of data and analytics -- you can dig into campaign results and see opportunity where others may not.
- Technical Acumen - A technical marketer, with a strong understanding of marketing technology and how it supports marketing efforts especially around marketing automation (Marketo) and CRMs (Salesforce).
- Creative - You are the opposite of traditional B2B (boring to boring) marketers and are always looking for fresh, vibrant ways to tell the BigCommerce story.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction and are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Collaborative - You possess excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills and have demonstrated success working collaboratively with key external and internal partners across such as Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Sales.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.