Web Content Editor
Spreetail is a profitable and growing ecommerce company that builds technology, markets products and manages warehouses to offer the best prices on tens of thousands of items. Our purpose is to make a dent in the universe by delighting millions of customers, creating opportunity and wealth for our team, and revolutionizing the communities we touch.
Spreetail is growing rapidly; our team is challenged every single day to outwork and outthink the competition. We move fast, and no one has the luxury to wait around for someone else to make the first move. We dive in, we learn, we adapt, sometimes we fail, but we never remain stagnant.
We look for team members who embody our mantra:
Be relentless. Pursue challenges. Act like an owner. Raise your bar. Practice humility. Make Spreetail better.
As a Web Content Editor, you will have an editorial mindset that seeks to understand what content Spreetail customers consume and how to create for it. You’ll do this by:
- Producing creative long-form content to support brand and product initiatives for Spreetail.com.
- You will play an integral role throughout the content lifecycle, including topic research, pitching, drafting, and editing.
- Writing captivating, engaging content that grabs readers’ attention and effortlessly guides them towards product consideration, purchase, and/or sharing.
- Contributing to the editorial calendar with ongoing team brainstorms.
- Establishing a workflow process with the Creative team for sourcing visuals for articles.
- Understanding the importance of SEO and being able to seamlessly integrate best practices into your writing.
- Executing writing requests with accuracy, producing zero errors in work and ensuring content across all channels is customer-focused and supports traffic and conversion.
- Having an intuitive understanding of the Spreetail brand voice and the ability to nuance messaging across audiences and channels.
- This role reports to the Senior Copywriter and will manage a Junior Editor in 2019.
Spreetail is a fast-paced ecommerce environment. Expect to put in the necessary hours each week to get the job done and break out of your comfort zone to tackle problems and pursue innovative solutions. If you’re looking for a challenge and a career you can grow with, Spreetail is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
We’ll reward you with:
- Stock appreciation rights
- Leadership development opportunities
- Untracked time off
- Group health insurance
- Yearly company trip
- Regular company-funded events and activities
- Dollar-for-dollar donation match
- Home purchase bonus after 2 years of employment
- Beach getaway after 3 years of employment
- 10-day sabbatical after 5 years of employment