Account Executive - Consumer Services
Summary of Account Executive Position:
The Account Development Account Executive (AE) maintains a long-term relationship with clients to gain an understanding of the client’s organization, their business drivers and their key product/service needs. This is an ongoing client relationship management role that will be responsible for assisting in growing revenues and margins of a specific assigned Strategic Accounts for the Affinity division within Experian Consumer Services (ECS). The desired location of this role is to be based at our CSID complex in Austin, Texas or Costa Mesa, California.
The role will focus on delivering day to day account support and will be the ambassador for partner with internal Experian Business Unit teams. The AE will take their lead from the Senior Directors and Directors and assists with retention, entrenchment, expanding product offerings and driving revenue and margin growth for Enterprise and Strategic Accounts. As part of development, the AE will also manage a preferred partner account portfolio of their own.
Account Executive Responsibilities:
• Driving a Client Services and Account Management team and act as an advocate for both ECS and the client themselves- assuring that service levels are met and customer satisfaction levels are exceeded.
• Managing growth by assisting with affinity clients to grow their business based on the products and services provided by ECS.
• Driving revenue and gross contribution margins assuring that the company focuses not only on winning business that contributes to the top line, but also have metrics and controls in place that assure the highest margin and profitability.
• Having ultimate accountability for ensuring that all financial and operational performance guarantees are met. Passionately defends, grows and manages affinity client relationships while balancing the demands of the shareholders of Experian.
• Regularly breaking down processes and methods to improve effectiveness, removing roadblocks, mitigates risks, and improves efficiencies both internally within ECS’ affinity team and in direct support of solutions delivered to the client’s membership and customers.
• Developing and implementing a plan to create demand and achieve revenue growth leveraging marketing skills and utilizing internal expertise within ECS and other entities of Experian.
• Setting individual goals, objectives, and Key Performance Indicator’s that align to the organization’s long-range strategic objectives around client success, revenue growth and product diversity.
• Sharing responsibility for client retention by maintaining mid-level client relationships allowing ECS to proactively identify client risks or opportunities and manage client teams to effectively respond to these client needs.
• Collaborating cross functionally to create, drive and implement new functionality, client business case, and cross functional marketing initiatives that deliver increased sell-through for ECS’ client and thus increases ECS revenue.
• Identify up sell opportunities based on needs of the client or new production rollouts
• Initiate, research and draft Statement’s of Work, Contract Amendments, and Product Requirements documents
• Inform and report account status up to Senior and Exec staff
• Regular travel for onsite visits and conventions to meet with clients within continental United States.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
Account Executive Requirements:
• Minimum 5 years progressive management and leadership experience in account management, service delivery and/or client services/customer success, with preference for an individual who has displayed recent leadership within a progressive, results oriented growth company.
• Previous experience in a similar industry vertical.
• Experience creating and managing processes used by a client facing support team to achieve superior results.
• A P&L and Operations oriented incumbent that is focused not only on service delivery, quality and profitability but also broadening and expanding an organization’s partnership with its valued clients.
• Superior communication, presentation, and client management skills.
• Proven organic business development expertise, specifically in formulating and marketing solutions to address opportunities or emerging needs of existing affinity clients.
• Proven management and organizational skills working in a fast-paced and high growth environment where the individual has been involved in scaling a company or department through fast growth to greater maturity in a dynamic environment.
• A strong leader that balances empathy with determination. Staunchly defending his or her position/strategic direction while considering the position of others.
• An open, action-oriented personality.
• Able to make tough decisions – transparent, direct and honest.
• Excellent analytical capabilities to breakdown complex tasks into executable and measureable steps
• Capability of staying abreast of technical developments internally
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
• Brings analytical traits to the organization and operates within a framework that utilizes well defined metrics, scorecards and key performance indicators.
• Familiarity with Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions preferred
• Competency with Microsoft's suite of business products
• Salesforce and Project Management tool experience is a plus
• Ability to travel when required
• Bachelor’s degree required
• MBA desirable