Assistant Manager, Operations Strategy
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Are you a motivated manager with strong project management skills? The Assistant Manager, Operations Strategy is responsible for innovating our offerings in the Texas market and growing our team of talent across the state. You will also help to drive a high performance culture and use analytics to determine additional opportunities for the business to continue to grow. You will work closely with the operations team and general manager, leading the strategic direction and major efforts that will drive accelerated growth and profitability.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 16 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Analyze data to determine highest opportunity offerings and markets, then build strategic growth and staffing recommendations to make your plans a reality
- Support our efforts to grow our team across the state by recruiting and training individuals who have what it takes to be a part of our team
- Track progress through analytics and use data to optimize processes, creatively solve problems, track success and identify necessary shifts in strategy
- Manage critical functions, improve processes and problem solve in real time
- Organize and participate in school and community-based events and help promote defensive driving principles
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2-4 years managing operations
- Analytical mindset with experience using data to build a case for growth and drive decision making
- Experience solving complex problems, exercising good judgement in decision-making, and navigating ambiguous environments
- Excellent communicator capable of motivating and coaching team and dealing with customer escalations when necessary
- Ability to simplify big projects into actionable and solvable tasks
- Self-motivated, energetic and driven individual with the ability to learn new skills and grow with the role
- Passion for driving, business, and education
- Level-headed demeanor under extreme pressure, and ability to work the problem
- Proven track record of being a fast learner who is constantly striving to find a more efficient way to complete a task
- Able to travel 20% within the state of Texas
- Some evening/weekend work may be required
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description