Business Operations Manager
Business Operations Manager
OutboundEngine is looking for a Business Operations Manager to join our Operations team.
Founded in 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 12,000 small business owners market themselves by doing it for them. OutboundEngine automates email and social media marketing for small businesses by combining a simple, easy-to-use SaaS platform with professionally-written and beautifully-designed content. Our clients spend less time on marketing and more time serving their customers, and their customers get valuable content that they’re excited to engage with.
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95 by Inc. Magazine. We are based out of Austin, Texas, where we have been named a "Best Place to Work" winner for the last four years by the Austin Business Journal.
OutboundEngine is seeking an experienced Business Operations Manager to support core operations for the entire organization. This role reports to the Director of Operations.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, influential, and data-savvy strategy and operations generalist. You’ll have diverse skill sets that spans business operations, process design & improvement, data/analytics, and program management. Intellectual curiosity, comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to learn are essential to success in this role. You will work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and know how to navigate an org to get things done, connect the dots to better equip others in their work, and lean in where additional support is needed. You take a positive, influential and motivational approach to working across all levels, from individual contributors to VPs and C-level in supporting OutboundEngine to achieve their goals. You are a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, attention to detail and proven analytical abilities.
A day in the life ranges from presentations / discussions with key cross-functional stakeholders on a mission critical project; to designing or optimizing core processes that enable us scale; to developing your direct reports through coaching and career development.
- Design and build business/customer-facing or internal processes to streamline and optimize the most critical work done by the organization.
- Work with teams on areas requiring significant change management and do so in a way that minimizes disruption.
- Apply structure across people, process and tools, to ambiguous and complex problems in different areas of our business.
- Partner with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing and Technology teams and various business teams to improve cross-functional work processes and ensure alignment and execution on strategic objectives.
- Communicate recommendations, solutions and change to a variety of audiences across functions and levels in the org ensuring the right level of detail is given to the right audience.
- Assess business needs using critical thinking to reduce gaps and overlaps across process, tools and people as we scale quickly.
Experience Needed :
- 5+ years of work experience in SaaS or technology company.
- Advanced Salesforce administrator. Certification preferred.
- Billing systems operations experience. Zuora experience preferred.
- Prior business operations, management consulting or product management experience.
- 3-5 years of experience managing teams in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, preferably B2B software companies.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional listening, oral and written communication skills as well as presentation skills. The ability to multitask effectively.
- Collaboration Skills: Strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views.
- Results Oriented: A track record of consistently delivering excellent results, even in the face of changing environment. Regarded as a strong performer, strong attention to detail and solid leadership skills.
- Analytical Skills: Deep analytical skills and ability to identify patterns, process information quickly and make decisions in a timely manner. Proficiency in data visualization with tools such as Tableau, Domo, BIME etc preferred. Minimum of advanced Excel user.
- Flexible/Adaptable: Have a strong sense of self and can relate well to others; learns quickly and can adapt to changes in timeframes, people and situations with ease. The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Team leader: Solid people manager who derives fulfillment in growing others.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive guaranteed base salary with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Insurance (medical, dental, and vision) - active after first full month of employment
- Unlimited PTO
- Leadership / Career Development Programs
- Paid parking, bus or rail pass
- Kitchen stocked with lots of snacks and beverages for you
- Company paid/sponsored monthly events including monthly happy hours
- Casual dress and energetic work environment
- An awesome work environment and culture - voted Best Places to Work in2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 by Austin Business Journal