Client Development Account Executive
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2017, is looking for a Client Development Account Executive to join the team.
As a Client Development Account Executive, you will identify and execute on merchant-focused sales and marketing campaigns to ensure our merchants have the product solutions and services they need to be successful. In this role, you'll be drawing on your sales and client engagement experience as well as your broad knowledge of the ecommerce ecosystem to consult merchants on how to grow their online business. This role will work closely with various internal BigCommerce teams as well as strategic partner teams to help our merchants understand and adopt products, services and best practices for increasing their online sales.
What you will do:
Consult with Merchants to Increase Their Business Success
- Be the expert: advise and consult with merchants on best practices, products, and services to help them improve time to first sale, search optimization, conversion, site speed, fraud management, business operations and other key impact areas.
- Be up to date with current ecommerce trends, tips and solutions in order to be a trusted advisor to our client base, including becoming certified/accredited in applicable areas (example, site speed)
- Use consultative selling techniques to provide value to our merchants while recommending the appropriate solutions to take their business to the next level.
Consistently Achieve Quotas and Objectives
- Drive revenue for identified products, services and solutions and improve retention rates through outbound cross-sell sales activities to merchants and strategic partners.
- Actively manage the sales process (positioning, presenting, demoing, and closing).
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Partner Ecosystem and BigCommerce Partner Management, Marketing and Enablement, and Sales Engineering teams to identify and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption of product solutions (payments, apps, shipping, etc.) that help our merchants grow their online business.
- Draw upon your experience and smarts to assess complex business structures and challenges, obtain information that is critical to the sale, and select an appropriate course of action and/or solution to get the job done.
- Employ established sales methodology to push beyond gatekeepers, reaching and providing information to the right people at the right time in the right way and adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization).
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by completing detailed needs analyses, effectively coordinating resources for implementation, educating partners and merchants, acting with customers in mind, and establishing effective relationships through trust and respect.
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts and effectively maintain a CRM with detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities.
Advise Internal and External Stakeholders
- Think like a CEO - communicate with management team, team members and partners on how to increase client satisfaction and cross-sell adoption
- Provide ongoing feedback to the Strategic Business Development leadership team to ensure the campaigns and product solutions we are promoting are being adopted by merchants and helping them grow their business.
- Collaborate closely with internal and external referring teams for cross-sell opportunities, including leading communication with all parties during the sales process.
Who You Are
- Sales Professional
- 5+ years sales or account management experience, including at least 2 year in a high volume, fast-paced inside sales environment in a $50M+ software, SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription based company
- In possession of a firm understanding of eCommerce, 3rd Party Applications, and business models to help position solutions to savvy eCommerce store owners
- Experience prospecting into mid-market and enterprise accounts.
- Keen understanding of and sales experience at a SaaS or eCommerce company strongly preferred
- Degree in Business or related field from a four-year college or university preferred
- Talented Seller - You thrive on challenges and have a demonstrated ability to drive complex sales with all stakeholders, including executive management and technical teams, and have successfully, consistently achieved quotas and objectives within an outbound, acquisition driven business.
- Business Savvy - You possess a technical understanding of software and the ecommerce space, have a high degree of business and sales acumen, and provide consistent, accurate forecasts.
- Persuasive Master Communicator - You must have strong persuasion and negotiation skills - it is a sales job. Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client relationship skills are critical.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce software solutions, the web, web-based software products, our partners, service, and satisfaction.
- Efficient and Attentive - Excellent organization and time management skills and are able to manage sensitive client information and numerous details with ease.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Driven - You are a results-oriented closer with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality and business performance.
- Solution Oriented - You have the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track.
- Confident - You’ve mastered the art of the cold open, have developed skills for overcoming objections, and have a healthy approach to handling rejection.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Comfortable using technology - Sound knowledge of Salesforce as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a big plus.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events