Cloud Support Associate
Building on the rapid success and adoption of MongoDB, we are delivering applications and services that make it much easier to manage and scale database deployments. These next-generation systems are a growing list but currently include products such as Cloud Manager (www.cloud.mongodb.com), Compass, and Atlas.
Our Cloud Support Associates provide their exceptional analytical skills and customer service to ensure that MongoDB users are successful with our suite of MongoDB application-layer products. We’re looking for individuals who want to dig into the details of how “big data” and “web-scale” systems are successfully assembled and operated every day by organizations of every size and flavor.
Cloud Support Associates are a key part of our elite Technical Services organization that supports MongoDB customers worldwide, with teams in locations including New York, Austin, Palo Alto, Sydney, Delhi, Dublin and Tel Aviv. We are also considering experienced remote workers.
If you’re passionate about the opportunity to get comfortable working with the cloud every single day and be part of a team that works at the frontier of SaaS services and database systems, this is the role for you.
Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, focused on innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
As a Cloud Support Engineer, you’ll be advising customers on strategies and documented practices for making best use of our cloud products. This will require you to translate technical concepts and patterns into generalist’s terms for our customers, helping them understand, install, and use those applications well. You’ll also troubleshoot technical problems with these products, and be an advocate for our users’ needs, collaborating with the MongoDB product management and development teams on their behalf.
We consider all candidates with an eye for those who are self taught, curious, and multi-faceted. You’ll need excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be knowledgeable about a wide range of web and internet technologies. You should also have
- 3+ years of experience in providing cloud support and troubleshooting network problems
- Experience administering large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows)
- A B.Tech / B.S. or equivalent work experience; if you don’t have a Computer Science degree, but think you can do the job, apply anyway
- Basic familiarity with Amazon Web Service or other cloud infrastructure platforms
- You’ll get bonus points for foreign language skills, a MongoDB Certification, or previous support experience
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine desire to help others
- The ability to think on your feet and rapidly learn a wide variety of new technologies and skills