Director – Partner Success Strategy
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
HomeAway is looking for a Director to help the company’s Partner Success team drive a step change improvement in partner performance on its family of sites (Partner = homeowner and property manager)
HomeAway is actively seeking an extraordinary individual who has demonstrated:
- High level project management ability.
- Successful leadership of highly complex, cross-functional projects.
- Interest and experience in technology, e-commerce and/or consumer products.
- Real passion for travel generally, and the VR industry, specifically.
What you’ll do
The Partner Success Strategy Director will report directly to the VP of Partner Success Strategy & Operations. This Director will be responsible for:
- Working with the Partner Success management team to make recommendations that help transform the sales team from one that historically focused on selling advertisements to one focused on training the HomeAway technology.
- Collaborating effectively across all business and support functions at HomeAway (i.e., Executive management, Partner Success, Product, Development, Systems Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Data Science, Finance, etc.) to ensure timely delivery of high-impact work product.
- Deriving insights from internal and external data to enable the Partner Success leadership team to make well-informed business and investment decisions.
- Driving an agenda of Partner Success segmentation and automation by (1) helping to develop world-class models aimed at prioritizing Partner Success activity and (2) providing input into the technology tools that best enable efficiency optimization among the Partner Success front-line teams.
- Helping to set, lead and monitor the Partner Success Strategy & Operations budget.
- Taking on a variety of projects on an as needed basis and aiming to successful outcomes.
Who you are:
- A strong record of academic excellence
- College/University degree from a top tier program
- College/University degree combining business, computer science and/or IT a plus.
- A strong record of professional performance
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience at a top tier consulting, private equity or banking firm a plus.
- Repeated experience coordinating and conducting the “strategy process,” including:
- Framing complex business problems and understanding the “big picture" quickly
- Identifying key issues, and prioritizing analysis
- Driving subsequent analysis to arrive at a well-structured answer
- Exceptional modeling and big data skills required (Excel, SQL, etc.
- Exceptional analytic horsepower to drive data analysis with or without the aid of additional resources.
- Experience with agile work-flow and technologies a strong plus (SalesForce, JIRA, Atlassian, etc.).
- The ability to communicate complex business problems and insights to a wide audience.
- Solid interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to aim to action despite incomplete information.
- A true passion for the travel and vacation rental industries.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.