Director / Senior Manager of IT Operations
The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buy with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
The Director of IT Operations will serve Opcity as our principal point of contact and leadership for IT related issues including deskside / helpdesk support for end users, infrastructure, operations, security, software applications and any other IT related matters required to leverage technology for the success of the business.
Areas of Ownership:
- Sets the mission and vision of the IT organization to foster a service-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Leads the development of the ITO service strategy and technical roadmap ensuring its integration with the overall Corporate Technology and Opcity strategic plans; communicating the plan effectively within all levels of the organization.
- Oversees NewsTech Deskside support staff located on site to guarantee best in class support for deskside support and help desk users throughout the organization. Provide guidance and direction as well provide leadership when needed to correct any issues arising out of the deskside support model.
- Works with the realtor.com and New Corp Corporate Technology senior leadership team on the service portfolio and the governance required to prioritize resources.
- Acts as a trusted advisor building and maintaining relationships with Opcity, realtor.com and News Corp technology leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs. Ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and to respond with the agility to address changing business priorities.
- Sets and manages IT service delivery expectations within Opcity and in partnership with NewsTech resources.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of fiscal responsibility by establishing responsible operating and capital expenditure budgets reflecting the cost of providing ongoing services and new investments; monitor performance against all budgets and take corrective action to meet plan.
- Develops and monitors effective key performance indicators.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT service delivery systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, IT operations and IT service support.
- Directs the development of an ITO sourcing strategy and provides leadership oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Manages the growing maturity of the organization by supporting and advancing the move from a project-driven to a product-driven, service-centric environment.
- Manages continual updates to and publishes the local application IT service catalog.
- Develops and enforces the adoption of and continual improvements to enterprise technology standards, security requirements, governance processes and performance.
- Executes all other duties as required.
The Ideal Profile:
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate an ITO vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the IT and business strategy.
- Ability to build a strong partnership with the business and demonstrate the business value of ITO.
- Ability to manage an IT organization.Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of Opcity business units.
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management, preferably with chargeback models.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging ITO technologies and practices, and how to deploy them.
- Prior experience with a broad set of information systems and technology infrastructures, which could include three or more of the following: telecom, network, database, email, and customer facing systems, data center operations, proven large-scale 24x7 operations expertise, outsourcing, and international technology operations, and managing IT vendors.
- Prior experience with technology infrastructures in a public cloud environment, such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, including supporting applications built in the cloud and migrating applications into the public cloud.
- Prior experience interconnecting on-premise infrastructure with public cloud environments creating a hybrid cloud.
- Application of appropriate information security and regulatory or statutory compliance, including HIPAA, SOC, GDPR.
- Success in leveraging traditional best practices, such as ITSM, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility.
- Practical experience in developing and implementing a high-performing ITSM environment and knowledge of ITSM best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a resource plan that ensures the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and employees are highly engaged and motivated.
- Deliver effective service management through the definition and adoption of a governance practice that uses KPIs and metrics to track and measure the quality of service delivery.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources external to Opcity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the ITO workforce.
- Demonstrated ability for planning, tracking, and analyzing progress on all aspects of technical projects.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred Experience: Fifteen (10+) or more years progressively responsible infrastructure and operations experience with three (3) years experience managing infrastructure in a hosting or cloud service provider environment, preferably AWS. Five to seven years of leadership responsibilities. Demonstrated experience with public cloud infrastructure and operation.
Read Full Job Description