Information Security Architect
Although this is a technical role it does not require an extensive security background or education level, provided you're eager to learn and passionate about security.
What You'll Do:
LogicMonitor’s InfoSec Team works to ensure the security of LogicMonitor’s systems, operations, and our customers. Our Security Architect gets to design, build, and manage technical security controls within our cutting-edge DevOps environments. Partnering closely with our InfoSec and SRE teams, the incumbent will evaluate, develop, and implement various security tools including access management systems, encryption services, IDS / IPS, vulnerability management, and security analytics systems that protect LogicMonitor's cloud and co-lo service centers. And you'll get to use your coding skills to automate anything you have to do more than once.
- Serves as technical Subject Matter Expert for LogicMonitor's operational security architecture
- Leads the technical design and management of security controls for LogicMonitor's datacenter & cloud-based operational environments
- Assume technical ownership of critical areas of our operational security including privileged access management, asset & vulnerability management, intrusion detection & prevention, security analytics & visibility, etc.
- Partner with other technical architects to ensure a consistent design architecture across the enterprise
- Conduct threat modeling against operational assets to inform prioritization and development of new controls
- Serves as an active member of security incident response team and participates in security incident response efforts by having an in-depth knowledge of common security exploits, vulnerabilities and countermeasures. Acts as a technical consultant on information security incident investigations and forensic technical analyses.
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years experience in information technology field either in operations, software development, or information security
- Comprehensive understanding of modern information security tools, including firewalls, VPNs, authentication & authorization systems, encryption key management, etc.
- Direct hands-on experience in designing flexible security solutions in scalable and highly-available systems
- Strong background in Linux/Unix operating systems, applications, and networking
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end information technology (IT) process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations
- Strong scripting or programming skills for automating repetitive tasks
- Experience in Cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
- Familiarity with containerized microservice architectures