IT Change Management Analyst
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
The IT Change Management Analyst plays a vital role within the Research, Delivery, and Operations organization reinforcing best practices while mitigating risks of introducing new technology services. As part of the Change Management Team you will ensure changes are appropriately and accurately logged, reviewed and approved, while maintaining and enforcing the processes and procedures that govern ITSM Change Management. The Change Manager will interact with and drive communication and planning across Leadership, Project, Business, Compliance and Technical teams.
This role may require on-call support and will require at times for you to work during nights and weekends.
What you’ll be doing:
- Receive and maintain a record of all technical change requests, ensuring records provide complete information as is required for quality assurance testing, deployment planning, roll back processes and risk mitigation.
- Monitor change requests for scheduling conflicts with other changes and business events; providing oversight of change implementation and coordination and monitor open change requests for missed target dates and other exceptions.
- Oversee the change review and approval process with technical teams and business stakeholders to ensure that all impacted systems, subsystems and functions are aware of proposed change(s) and engaged with the review/approval process.
- Schedule and host meetings including facilitating conversation around planning, execution, and post-change validation.
- Manage communications to internal stakeholders and external customers about upcoming changes/maintenance work.
- Monitor and govern compliance with the Change Management Process by maintaining and enforcing the processes and procedures that govern management of the RDO Change Management Standards, Policy and Procedures.
- Create, manage, and document measurement systems to measure adoption, utilization, and proficiency of changes.
- Identify resistance and performance gaps and work to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success. Responsibilities may require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours in order to perform the duties of the job.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor's degree related field or minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Experience in ITSM Change Management, Project Management, and/or Software Development Life Cycle strongly preferred
- High attention to detail, strong technical aptitude, and ability to grow business acumen
- Ability to lead, influence others, and move toward a common goal, interfacing with individuals at all levels of the organization to establish effective working relationships.
- Critical thinking skills and understanding of change management or problem management approaches, tools, and phases.
- Strong analytical skills balanced with strong customer service orientation
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
What we’ll prefer you have:
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred
- Intermediate understanding of networking concepts or related technology concepts, and/or familiarity with Blackbaud applications a plus
- Robust time management skills, diligent and conscientious approach, able to work under pressure, organize and prioritize a busy workload, and adapt to fit the changing needs of the business.
- Experience working with Virtual Teams
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.