IT Network Administrator
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the Role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Network Administrator for our Infrastructure Operations team. Our Network Administrators are heavily involved with identifying, prioritizing and resolving critical network related issues that impact business operations. Our Network Admins demonstrate understanding of how our infrastructure behaves in order to deploy, configure and troubleshoot systems. The Network Admin researches new technologies and leverages optimization techniques to ensure that all systems operate efficiently.
Our Operations is a 24x7x365 environment. Our Network Admins work “business hours” but need to be able to work various times including evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays, including participation in a scheduled on-call rotation.
- Manage basic and expedited support to resolve all network related issues
- Maintain the operations of all network systems to ensure availability
- Partner with the infrastructure engineers and other systems administrators to ensure that hardware and software infrastructure is maintained with the latest approved firmware and software requirements
- Solve complex multi-layer application connectivity in a secure network environment consisting of firewalls, ADC, Routers, Switches and VPNs
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco Nexus/Catalyst switches, Cisco routers, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Firewalls, and Citrix NetScaler ADC
- Implement and maintain a systems business impact assessment to prioritize system recovery in the event of a failure
- Train the technical support staff (Tier1/Ops Center) on solving common systems-related problems
- Build and implement networking standards for switches, routers and firewalls in hosted collocation facilities, cloud facilities and internal Blackbaud offices
- Proactively communicate the status, plan(s) of action(s) and resolution(s) of issues
- Monitor and report the performance of network components against KPIs and take preemptive measures to minimize disruptions
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving the overall network health by assessing overall effectiveness and efficiency
- Evaluate new technologies and platforms to determine whether their applicability aligns with business needs
- Maintain response and resolution of cases/tickets received in queue against established Service Level Objectives
Requirements & Skills:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Sciences, MIS, or equivalent experience
- Industry or vendor specific certifications (ITIL, ISO 20001, Cisco, Juniper, Citrix, etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience working with firewalls, VPN, DMZs, ACLs
- In depth knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology (OSI Model, TCP/IP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Configure & Troubleshoot VPN Technologies (IPSec, SSL, Cisco AnyConnect, Cisco EasyVPN, DMVPN) and Authentication, (LDAP, RADIUS, TACACS+, PKI, SSL, SSH)
- Knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations, network devices and basic network appliances and network design software, such as Visio
- Knowledge of tools like puTTy, SecureCRT, TCPDUMP, Wireshark
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Able to work in a fast-paced complex and dynamic environment
- Experience working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality of such data and information
- Strong verbal and analytical skills
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.