Junior IT Project Manager – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Let us introduce ourselves:
Founded in 1993, Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately owned financial-services holdings company headquartered in Austin, TX. We provide a variety of products and services for institutional clients across the globe and pursue opportunities in the capital markets leveraging our deep expertise and proprietary market-leading data analytics platform. We have developed cutting edge tools and methodologies that give us the competitive edge in our securities, loan origination, and asset management lines of business.
What we’re looking for, in a nutshell:
Amherst is hiring for an energetic, hungry and highly organized Junior IT Project Manager that enjoys wearing multiple hats and thrives in fast-paced environments. In this role you have a variety of duties in support of our technology team including; managing multiple complex IT projects concurrently, providing day-to-day communication, coordination for projects and tasks; assisting with prioritization and resolution of issues.
A little more about this role:
- Desire to learn and take on any projects or tasks assigned to you
- Prepare business and project plans with limited direction
- Schedule meetings with project teams, stakeholders and other participants; prepare agendas; and take meeting minutes including discussion points and action items
- Drive the execution of project plans, direct and monitor work efforts on a daily basis, identify resource needs, perform quality review; escalate functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately and ensure issue resolution
- Provide leadership to project team members in order to achieve project goals
- Participate in overseeing project implementation, team motivation, facilitate discussion, and manage conflict resolution
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference for technology or business based programs or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of IT project coordination/management experience
- Strong analytical, organizational and coordination skills are a MUST; We desire someone with extreme multi-tasking capabilities with a “get things done” attitude and approach for every project thrown your way
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of tools with moderate to advanced skills in Excel
- Familiarity with software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Kanban, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Jira, Confluence, and/or Asana
- Intellectually curious with the ability to quickly pick up technical tools and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salaries
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and Life insurance
- Accrued sick/personal time, Flexible vacation days, Maternity/Paternity paid leave
- Continued professional development
- Catered lunch every Friday
- 8 paid holidays
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.