Lead Threat Assessment Advisor
The Rapid7 Managed Service Consultant role is responsible for two core areas: administration of Rapid7 Cloud solutions and the maintenance/monitoring of those solutions. Successful candidates will demonstrate a proven ability to manage enterprise software solutions and communicate effectively across varied levels of technical understanding. Time spent in each of these areas will vary according to workload. In addition, as a trusted advisor in Rapid7 solutions the Consultant will at times be called upon to leverage their technical product knowledge to guide customers in the successful deployment of their vulnerability management program.
- Will be responsible for managing a broad scope of deployed Cloud solutions, from the OS level to the client GUI.
- Execute on a strong functional understanding of client-server core technologies such web application servers and IP networking.
- Help design and build innovative architectural solutions that will help scale Rapid7 products in the Cloud and on premise.
- Serve as the first line of escalation for monitored Cloud application level alerts so as to guarantee solution availability and uptime.
- Will work closely with Product Support and Engineering resources to ensure proper escalation of any casework as needed.
- Articulate complex application information to clients with varied levels of technical understanding (ex. Remediation guidance, vulnerability validation, etc).
- Excellent soft skills are a must.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS and virtualization technologies such as VMware and Hyper-V are essential.
- General IT security knowledge of the following: firewalls, web servers, vulnerability management, and other enterprise security solutions.
- General IT knowledge of desktop and server configurations: TCP/IP networking, LAN and WAN technologies, and network designs.
- Consistently practices strong organizational, communication, project management, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
- Contribute to team operational precision by active design of and participation in team initiatives.
- Must possess an excellent work ethic with a “can-do” attitude.