The Mailroom Clerk is responsible for timely distribution of all incoming and outgoing mailings and parcels; including, opening, sorting, and distributing incoming mail, collecting outgoing mail, and maintaining electronic logs. Also may play a role in the achievement of the Key Performance Indicators and operational targets for the site, and perform duties with integrity & diligence in a professional manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess the process flow for mail room operations and development and implement enhancements as appropriate.
- Manage accountability for postage.
- Handle a high volume of mail, photocopying, and binding of presentation decks.
- Process, handle, and maintain records for all incoming and outgoing courier and mail and any other deliveries as required to ensure proper routing and labeling.
- Provide solutions to problems associated with special requirements such as bulk mail and other special needs.
- Maintain all mail stops and package rooms as appropriate.
- Research and follow-up with clients regarding tracking mail and/or packages.
- Perform mailroom inspections and inventory supplies.
- Any other activities to support administration and/or site operations.
- Actively support an environment of teamwork, cooperation, performance excellence and personal success.
- Support the day to day delivery of mail services on site in accordance with all agreed policies, procedures.
- Other duties that may include but are not limited to: reception and guest support, mail and courier services, office supplies and equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organization skills are a must.
- Ability to high volume at a quick pace.
- At least one year experience in related skills applicable to corporate mailroom operations.
- Able to adequately perform required job functions including being able to lift 50lbs, bend and move in such a way as to perform job tasks in a safe and approved manner.
- A polished and professional client-facing demeanor; can comfortably manage clients with strong emotions or unreasonable timelines/deadlines.
- Attention to detail is required for handling sensitive mail and proper routing of mail.
- Good communication, organization and problem solving skills.
- 1-2 years administrative or office experience in related field.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Self-motivated; confident, energetic and flexible.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Experience in office administrative work or mailroom work.
- Skill in customer service and communication, organization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and solve simple problems.
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!