Manager, Customer Loyalty & Retention
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 2 million properties listed. We have millions of visitors to our site per year and serve more than one million page views per month. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway is seeking a talented, high-performing and motivated Marketing Manager to lead multi-channel marketing efforts to drive loyalty and retention amongst our existing customers (HomeAway owners/property managers). You will own innovative retention and loyalty marketing activities within this high visibility role.
Leading a small team (with opportunity to grow), the Global Loyalty & Retention Marketing Manager is responsible for meeting and exceeding HomeAway’s customer retention OKRs (Objectives and Key Results). In this role, you’ll drive strategy, planning, execution, and reporting of multi channel, integrated marketing campaigns and work cross-functionally to achieve your objectives.
Critical to the success of the role includes developing a deep understanding of HomeAway’s customers and creating marketing strategies to drive loyalty, growth, retention, and reactivation. You’ll also be responsible for identifying and leveraging HomeAway’s happiest customers to develop and build a cohesive advocacy program. You’ll be tasked with creating strategies to positively engage all partners and increase overall Net Promoter Score.
It is imperative that you are passionate about driving optimal engagement among our existing customers and winning back those that have lapsed. This role will bring to bear your experiences in cross-organizational people management skills, creativity, project management, and technical aptitude. Due to the entrepreneurial and dynamic nature of our business, we are looking for team members who can operate successfully at a strategic level but who are equally comfortable at the detailed execution dimension of marketing.
Customer Retention and Growth
- Use analytics to inform supplier customer journey and top touch points to keep new customers engaged
- Establish new customer engagement and success campaigns
- Design reactivation strategy for lapsed HomeAway customers
- Drive campaigns to help HomeAway owners and property managers optimize their listings and be successful on the HomeAway platform
Customer Advocacy and Love
- Programmatic identification of HomeAway’s top customers
- Design an ambassador program to drive desired behaviors and outcomes
- Lead customer love campaigns to surprise and delight HomeAway advocates
- Manage existing loyalty initiatives such as HomeAway’s Premier and Joint Business Plan programs
- Utilize advocates to fuel HomeAway’s content marketing collateral
Customer Marketing Strategy
- Own the customer lifecycle post-booking (retention) through lapse (re-engagement/win-back strategies)
- Develop an integrated retention marketing strategy and calendar to drive cohesion across all channels with a primary focus on owned and earned channels (CRM, website/App, Social, PR) and secondary focus on paid channels (Social, SEM, Display, Affiliates).
- Develop customer contact strategy based on segmentation
- Ensure communications align with overall customer journey and overarching messaging themes
- Build a Test & Learn strategy to gain insights about what drives partner engagement
- Collaborate with Product and Product Marketing teams to ensure that marketing initiatives consider the holistic customer journey throughout the site and App experience
- Create cohesion between the Global Traveler team to ensure communication to consumers who are both a supplier and traveler is in sync
- Develop partnerships with marketing leads across Global Partner, the Channels and Local Activation to ensure the integrated team are aligned- Ensure all creative at any one point in time is omni-channel and on-brand
- Develop reporting protocols and analyze performance in close collaboration with Business Intelligence and Analytics partners
- 7+ years internet, ecommerce experience, preferably in an international or global capacity
- 3+ years of renewal marketing experience, preferably B2C
- Experience partnering with Sales and Customer Support teams to become a customer expert and advocate
- Ability and examples of working in close partnership and developing strong relationships with product management and marketing teams
- Understanding of and track record of successfully launching marketing campaigns
- A proven, successful track record of increasing renewal/retention rate through well-executed marketing
- Track record of successfully working in a global, matrix organization
- Good understanding of and track record for successful delivery of go-to-market activities
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Definition of success:
- Increased retention and engagement rates
- Growth in HomeAway’s customer advocates
- Measurable improvements in customer satisfaction
- Smooth and coordinated marketing campaigns across all regions with adaptations for local requirements, maximizing feature adoption and minimizing customer contact rates
- Excellent working relationship with product management, marketing, sales, and customer experience teams
- Strong relationships built throughout the organization
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”