Manager, IT Network Engineering
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have raised significant financing and received a number of exciting awards including:
- September 2018: Named to Forbes 2018 Cloud 100, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3.3 billion.
- May 2018: CNBC Disruptor 50 List Second Year in a Row.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role:
The CrowdStrike Information Technology team is looking for a Manager, IT Network Engineering to join our team. This position plays a critical role in helping lead the team that is responsible for designing and supporting daily network operations for all CrowdStrike team members. This position will have a hands-on approach, working closely with business management and key personnel to identify and prioritize key initiatives. Ensuring those initiatives enable agility in growing our network through proven design, optimization, and implementation skill sets. The successful candidate will provide leadership and mentorship to junior personnel within the Network Engineering Team, as well as formally present solutions to the team as part of our collaboration effort.
The Manager is expected to be an effective communicator, collaborator and change agent that possesses the appropriate business and technical acumen to meet or exceed the needs of the company. This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, robust, fast-paced and challenging environment. Candidates should be interested in expanding their breadth of knowledge, constantly learning new technologies and processes, solving difficult problems, coming up with creative solutions and thinking well on their feet.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage daily operational teams supporting enterprise network infrastructure and associated services
- Managing the design and implementation of leading edge network architecture in on-premise and cloud environments
- Negotiate hardware and software systems contracts, licenses update and annual operating budgets
- Responsible for designing, implementing or verifying the detailed technical network support for projects, problem and incident management
- Strong hands on approach with the ability to provide direction and leadership to the team.
- Analyze current network infrastructure, monitor environment and data flow and identify choke points, opportunities for optimization and make recommendations based on current and projected company footprint
- Collaborate with management and senior engineering staff in the development, design architecture and implementation of network expansion and optimization
- Provide subject matter expertise to functional project teams and participate in cross-functional initiatives
- Develop new documentation and update existing processes for ticket resolution with a focus on eliminating all forms of tribal knowledge.
- Demonstrate innovative approaches to solving unique challenges, while maintaining the security and integrity of the network
- Capable of troubleshooting complex issues with voice and video technologies
- Provide tier-3 support for network escalation
- Participate in on call rotation and perform impactful maintenance outside of normal business hours
- Minimum 5 years of formal IT leadership experience leading or managing technical teams
- 10+ years’ experience in Enterprise Network engineering design and implementation, firewall configuration, server load balancing
- 10+ years’ experience with OSPF, EIGRP, BGP routing protocols, Voice Over IP and QoS configuration on routers and switches, IPv4 and IPv6
- 4+ years’ experience with public cloud, hybrid cloud, and datacenter engineering
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies, high availability switching, VMWare networking, micro segmentation
- Experience managing and deploying Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) and load balancing solutions such as F5 LTM / GTM, Linux Virtual Services, and Kemp.
- Must have a demonstrated experience building repeatable deployment templates, creating strong documentation, and presenting new designs and updates to team members.
- Experience supporting Juniper, Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco routers, switches, routers and switches
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/CAN/MAN/WAN Protocols including but not limited to BGP, MPLS, VOIP, Multicast Routing, GSLB, Datacenter interconnects
- In-depth knowledge of IP Routing, Quality of Service technologies with demonstrated implementation in a large enterprise organization
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding of IPS/IDS
- Demonstrated deployment and administration of Network Response, Configuration Management, Environmental, and Application Response monitoring tools
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally to support network deployments in remote locations
- Experience working in cloud native environments and with AWS is ideal but not required
- Must have end-to-end project completion demonstrated on your resume.
- Thorough knowledge of Networking Infrastructure Design and Operations
- Experience with standard Enterprise Asset management policies/procedures
- Experience in Enterprise IT Security Standards, policies and procedures
- Experience managing 7x24 Network Operations and problem management
- Expertise in network virtualization technologies and hybrid cloud architectures
- Experience with FedRAMP, FISMA, NIST and ITAR compliant environments
- Automation experience through scripting
- Deployment of IPAM (IP Address Management) solutions
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + equity
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and snacks
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.