Manager, Professional Services
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
As a Delivery Manager, you will lead a team of resources within Professional Services. This team may consist of individual contributors or Delivery Lead(s) and their associated teams. The Delivery Manager serves in a managerial role and will handle leadership responsibilities within the team in addition to performing individual customer project work.
This role is responsible for the effective and billable utilization of the team. The Delivery Manager will be responsible for a portion of the customer portfolio management either by delivery area, customer, issues or knowledge area. The Delivery Manager is responsible for the human resource, performance management and staff development of the team. This role will heavily support Professional Services operations within the team. They are accountable to make sure the individuals on the team provide high quality deliverables, within budget and on-time deliverables to their customer projects.
You are a part of a larger cross functional team consisting of business analysts, business consultants, technical consultants, conversion analysts, developers, engagement managers, managers and leads. It is the Delivery Manager’s responsibility to collaborate with the cross functional team and with Delivery Leads, Portfolio Managers and other Delivery Managers to drive delivery excellence and key metrics of the Professional Services organization.
This role is included in the Effective Utilization (EU) and Billable Utilization (BU) targets for the entire Professional Services practice. This role may report into a Portfolio Leader or Director level.
Staff Management Responsibilities
- Manage a team of Professional Services team members
- Participate and or lead efforts in recruitment, retaining, and developing team members capable of delivering high quality services
- Developing and coaching the various team members
- As required, define and correct performance issues
- Mentor new and existing team members in best practices and the sales cycle requirements
- Identify training and development needs of staff
- Motivate and inspire team members
- Ensure team members have the resources to be successful
- Measure and improve employee performance
- Measure and help improve employee performance through quarterly check-ins and mid-year and annual performance reviews and goal planning.
Professional Service Operations Responsibilities
- Responsible for team productivity against the Effective and Billable Utilization targets. Responsible that each team member meets or exceeds their targets. If targets are not met, taking the right actions to improve, modify or correct the performance.
- Adhering to the Operations and Information Management standards
- Facilitate team project assignments
- Ensure all team members follow appropriate time reporting, expense reporting, policies and procedures
- Enhance and enforce knowledge management participation
- Understand with specific goals for revenue, gross margin, and EBIT for the practice and responsible for working to meet those metrics
- Driving utilization by efficiently working the backlog
- Forecasting resource needs to match sales bookings
- Work with Offshore or other partners to assist with delivery of work
- In addition to performing individual contributor work, work with members of the team to assist with project escalations.
- Work with Business Development to provide scopes or estimates.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the vertical specific needs
- Understand and develop strategies against the competitive landscape
- Work with Business Development in developing go to market strategies for the specific vertical
- Leads by example, with energy, passion, enthusiasm and acts with integrity.
- Build effective relationships with other Delivery Managers and Delivery Leads to develop a shared vision of leadership and client success.
- Work with your Delivery Manager, Portfolio Leader or Director to lead team initiatives and meetings
- Leads the organization by holding team members accountable for consistent processes and methodology.
- Coordinate knowledge-sharing of procedures and client business practices across the functional area
- Communicate accurate and clear information through a variety of methods such as verbally, email, process reports and documentation
- Work proactively with direct reports to improve quality control and efficiency
- Strong understanding of the product in various roles beyond your own to which you’re performing.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Managing multiple priorities, including balancing your workload and the monitoring of your team members’ workload
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively independently, as part of a group, and to provide leadership for team members
- Ability to hold team members accountable and provide constructive criticism.
- Strong attention to detail and pro-active quality control
- Able to maintain composure in unfamiliar situations
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018