Manager of Technical Services
The Manager of Technical Services will set strategic direction for Personify’s consulting practices under their responsibility to drive the achievement of divisional goals. As a trusted advisor to our customers, this person is responsible for creating an effective & strategic direction for customers through the value of our Personify360 product and tools. They will also be responsible for broad sales and professional service delivery goals within the technical consulting practice. Provides a well-rounded technical management background with excellent leadership skills, and a good working understanding and proven track record in client interactions. Demonstrates excellent consulting and mentoring skills and is masterful at understanding the importance of balancing the sales and delivery aspects of managing a consultancy practice.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs and controls the activities of the Technical Solutions practice professionals with overall responsibility for the direction of those assigned areas.
- Successfully create effective & strategic direction and roadmap creation for customers with our Personify360 suite of solutions, systems and tools.
- Develops technical strategies and roadmaps to build mindshare and relationships with partners, customers, and other practices.
- Provide and identifies accurate estimates for technical solutions.
- Works collaboratively with other functional leaders to drive the top line activities for the practice. This includes both within and outside of the Professional Services group.
- Manages Services relationship with an off-shore team to ensure proper resourcing, standardization of on and offshorequality control measurement processes as well as training off-shore staff
- Overall responsibility for people, planning, budgets and objectives for the Technical Solutions group. Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives for the area of responsibility.
- Encourages business relationships with partners and other practices.
- Responsible for operation of activities of major significance to the organization. Requires functional expertise and broad company knowledge.
- Strategically leads the Technical Solutions and Consulting activities of the locations/practices to meet or exceed established quotas.
- Creates an environment that encourages innovation.
- Sets growth expectations and development plans for direct reports that leverages their individual skills and capabilities.
- Identifies key contributors and formulates succession planning that will provide required resources for the long term growth of the organization.
- Contributes to the Personify professional services leadership team through participation in initiatives, process improvement, and encouraging new service offerings.
- Communicates success stories to their own practice and to those in other practices.
- Encourages the creation of reusable Intellectual Property and shares this with other practices.
- Minimum of 7 years of consulting experience with multiple CRM platforms & Cloud technologies, preferably in the consulting services industry.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a second level manager.
- Excellent working knowledge of Solution Selling, resource management, employee development, project delivery, technology solutions, and employee performance evaluation and mentoring.
- Experience managing an off-shore development team
- Highly developed consulting skills and is masterful at understanding the importance of balancing the sales and delivery aspects of managing a consultancy practice.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.