Manager, Workforce Planning
Passionate about a rare opportunity to help craft the future of customer service in travel? We are searching for a Manager, Workforce Planning to lead our Global Workforce Planning group at VRBO. This key leadership position will provide strategic oversight and direction for all aspects of Capacity Planning and Workforce Management for this global team, including forecasting call volume patterns across both onshore and offshore resources across the globe, and partnering with Contact Center leadership, Customer Experience Operations leaders, and Finance as partners. This role reports to the Director of Analytics and Planning.
You will inform the long-term Customer Experience strategy with insights and trends by preparing impactful analyses for the SVP of Customer Experience and their leadership team to consume and inform key business decisions. You also inform the operational plan and lead strategic and variable staff planning, operational and business analyses, and operational staff utilization. Additionally, you will champion the development and management of staffing models used to optimize the operations workforce to enable customer and financial commitments. Lastly, you will manage a team of global analysts and partner with the CE Leadership Team and Finance on the operating plan, budget, and outlook processes for variable staffing.
What you’ll do:
- You will collaborate across teams to understand capacity, headcount, location strategy, ops performance, volumes, contact patterns, handling times, budget allocation vs. spend etc.
- You will mitigate capacity risks and provide capacity levers by handling dependencies across multiple operating units and sites. Clearly communicate opportunities and site strategies.
- You will be accountable for translating staffing implications of business decisions. Adjust staffing models to assess baseline performance, productivity improvements, and volume analyses.
- You will be responsible for WFM software and hands-on experience with tools such as Aspect, Workday HCM, Workforce Now or similar.
- You will lead annually operating plan/budget and outlook process with regards to development of variable staffing and partner closely with Finance to translate financial impacts.
- You will own and monitor the Planning group’s key performance metrics (forecast accuracy, volumes, AHT, CSAT, etc.) and quickly identify areas of concern, propose analyses and/or corrective actions, as well as have complete ownership of our WFM system and processes.
- You will drive increased insight and a deep understanding of contact propensity drivers by collaborating with business partners and identifying how customer behaviors, business and product changes, and other environmental factors influence customer contacts, and then build forecast models in anticipation of product changes or fluctuations in customer activity.
- You will drive strategy to adjust workforce requirements based on changing dynamics and forecasts and utilize data to forecast requirements, identify business opportunities, and resolve service delivery/service level issues.
- You will develop and maintain business continuation/disaster recovery plans for sites as it relates to call routing.
- You will maintain expertise regarding workforce management industry standard methodologies and trends. Support and employ workforce planning and management tools and techniques. Utilize expertise to help drive Operations strategic agenda. Make recommendations to improve operational efficiencies and service delivery in a multi-site service center environment.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) and 6+ years of experience in workforce management, OR Master's degree (e.g. Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) and 4+ years of experience in workforce management.
- 3+ years experience in workforce management modeling within a highly complex business environment and/or contact center management modeling; with a minimum of 2 years leading, coaching, and developing workforce management teams.
- Expertise in workforce management modeling within a highly complex business environment and/or contact center management modeling
- Able to translate operational performance into financial implications.
- Leads change. Adopts changes, keeps employees informed, and remains focused on business results. Partner across enterprise to find ways to partner and share standard methodologies across the Workforce Planning team.
- Creates high performing culture. Engages and coaches employees. Sets expectations and holds team accountable. Clarifies job requirements and selects the best people for them. Uses recognition and rewards to motivate and retain individuals. Motivates, builds respect and instills performance driven ethics. Coaching and developing for high performance and high potential employees.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to influence customers and team members in support of business initiatives.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, including internationally
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.