Office Coordinator/Executive Assistant
What we are looking for:
As the Office Coordinator/Executive Assistant at Modernize, you'll be on the forefront of a growing organization where you will play a key role in supporting the business and maintaining the office environment. You are a first-class organizer. We get messy around here and we need somebody who can herd, collect, disinfect and wrangle. You are fun, kind, innovative, hard-working, and patient. You like to bring people together and foster a diverse and thriving environment.
We are in the business of connecting homeowners with high-quality local home improvement contractors and located in the heart of downtown Austin. Our downtown office space has an open floor plan that encourages collaboration and pushing each other to be our best. We take care of our team as well, with a solid benefits package, learning opportunities, regular company outings, beverages, snacks, music, and great co-workers.
What you will do:
- Liaison for all office services with our property management team such as: cleaning crew, security, building maintenance, HVAC, hired contractors, vendors, etc.
- Manage our parking garage vendors
- Coordinate the delivery of catered lunches for the office 3 days a week.
- Maintain a high level of tidiness and cleanliness throughout the entire office.
- Organize, throw out trash, do dishes, clean, declutter, etc.
- Maintain inventory of and stock all food, beverage, office and bathroom supplies
- Executive support: Book travel, complete expense reports, run errands
- Maintain the budget for all office expenses
- Plan and execute on facilities and floor plan projects
- Book all travel when we fly in candidates during the interview process
- Plan and coordinate team outings, Executive retreats and other ad hoc company events
- Be the champion for our valued Recognition Program. That’s right, we make people feel special on birthdays, anniversaries and other life events
- Ad hoc admin support for our remote consultants in Monterrey, Mexico
- No task is outside of the Office Coordinator/Executive Assistant job description in providing for and supporting all employees
- A four year degree is preferred but not necessary
- 2+ years experience working in a support role in a fast paced office environment
- Experience managing budgets and planning large events
- Experience with Word, Excel, Google Docs, etc…
- Must be able to organize, prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
Who you are:
- Proactive and independent in recognizing when something needs to be done
- A master at organizing. You can’t stand to be around a mess
- Herding cats is one of your secret talents
- A good day for you is when you know you helped others to be their best and alleviated pain points
- You can be direct and kind at the same time because you know how to care personally and challenge directly