Operations Center Technician
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
The Operations Center acts as the starting point into Blackbaud Operations, managing incoming service requests and incidents for Blackbaud’s 45,000+ clients. Detail-oriented and disciplined, the Ops Center Tech is focused on service request completion, incident detection and resolution, and providing excellent customer service in a dynamic & fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is a great communicator and able to translate technical knowledge into actionable direction.
The Operations Center is a 24x7x365 environment and operates on 3 shifts. Evening, overnight, weekend and holiday work is required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage ticketing queues and engages in proactive monitoring of Blackbaud’s hosted infrastructure and applications
- Investigate, diagnose, and take prescribed actions on all operational events, alarms and incidents
- Execute on Incident response with relentless initial focus on restoration of service, followed by a drive to ensure the root cause of problems are identified and resolved permanently
- Maintain operational logs all alerts and requests, recording and classifying all related messages; maintain all operational data collection procedures, mechanisms and tools
- Maintain operational documentation including knowledgebase articles
- Accurately escalate incidents and service requests beyond the scope or responsibility of the Ops Center
- Maintain response and resolution of cases/tickets received in queue against established Service Level Objectives
- Communicate status of requests and incidents with requestor or relevant stakeholders
What we’ll want you to have:
- Must be able to work various shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays
- ITIL Foundations certification or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 2 IT certifications plus 3 years work experience
- Experience responding to events in multiple environments including Linux OS, Windows OS, or Citrix XenApp environments as well as cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and VMware VSphere cloud platforms
- Experience working with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality of such data and information
- Ability to self-manage work and complete related projects independently or as part of a team
- A “customer-first” mindset in taking ownership of daily operations of the team, focused on operational effectiveness while meeting SLA/OLAs
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.