Operations Manager, Ecommerce
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
HomeAway is looking for a talented Operations Manager focused on industry regulation. This role will manage a portfolio of initiatives required to exceed partners expectations and differentiate HomeAway in communities across the globe. You will influence senior leadership and maintain strong alignment with key departments to ensure our response to evolving regulations are well planned, understood and effectively executed. You will partner with Regional Leaders, Product, Marketing, Customer Experience, Legal and Government Affairs to develop, monitor and augment business strategy, collaborate on action plans, lead execution and track overall progress. You will champion the HomeAway value proposition and serve as the driving force behind the development of data and research assets, product features and key partnerships. This role will understand overall business impacts of regulation activities with a focus on the voice of our customers.
- External Perspective and Competitive Strategy
- Analyze customer satisfaction, generate actionable insights and guide issues to resolution;
- Partner with Government Affairs & Marketing to understand key drivers of the value proposition, customer retention and maintain content for customer facing FAQ's;
- Coordinate with Customer Experience to address blocking points.
- Champion high quality localization, using measurement and corrective actions as needed;
- Seek opportunities and challenges, implementing action plans as appropriate;
- Monitor key achievements including customer acquisition, conversion, customer contacts, etc.;
- Provide analytical leadership into business cases and requirements for new initiatives;
- Partner cross functionally to resolve performance issues linked to regulatory changes.
Performance Management and Initiatives
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred;
- 6+years of experience with exposure to strategy and/or E-commerce;
- Experience with two-sided marketplaces, regulated businesses a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to influence others;
- You are creative and structured problem solving;
- Basic Tableau/SQL/GA/(BigQuery)/(Datameer) skills.
Keys to Success in the Role:
- Moving quickly and deliberately, using data to guide decisions and testing to achieve breakthroughs;
- Welcoming new ideas and opinions, especially if they challenge your beliefs; actively listening with humility and respect;
- Playing to win and openly discussing options when goals compete; uniting to deliver results for our company and customers;
- Communicating directly, sharing feedback at all levels, and engaging in debate while maintaining objectivity;
- Influencing and motivating resources outside your team;
- Committing to continuous development and deep understanding of your craft.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.