At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you have the opportunity to create something exceptional, build something sustainable and make a real impact. We are built for the wild.
The Procurement Lead will be responsible for the identification of new suppliers and maintenance of existing suppliers in support of YETI Coolers Core and Gear / Accessories product lines as well as the capacity creation and supplier startup requirements needed to support the launch, scalability and quality and marketing requirements for the product line.
A look at your day-to-day
- New Product Sourcing
- Locate supplier(s) globally with proven expertise in required fields to support the development of innovative products or support dual sourcing requirements
- Ensure the supplier(s) capabilities and process capabilities using quality, cost-effective and obtainable raw materials to meet the needs established by New Product Development, Marketing and Quality requirements of YETI Coolers
- Work alongside of New Product Development, Quality and Marketing teams to create initial product requirements
- Research, establish and maintain and up to date list of best in class potential suppliers
- Travel to new supplier candidates to verify their capabilities and initialize further investigation by the broader support team
- Troubleshoot with Quality and NPI on root cause identification and resolution
- Coordinate the qualification of potential suppliers
- If not on file already, execute an NDA/Confidentiality Agreement with potential supplier(s) prior to submitting RFP
- Submit, receive, and validate Supplier Survey along with the Supplier Evaluation Summary documentation
- Ensure that the potential (or existing) supplier(s) have both long-term financial stability as well as the capacity to meet YETI’s (ever-growing) forecasted requirements.
- Submit formal RFQ/RFP to most qualified suppliers referencing payment term and quality requirements
- Obtain and evaluate detailed quotations versus should-cost models
- Create quote summaries and process overviews
- Execute contracts, including Manufacturing Supply Agreements, Joint Development Agreements, and Bailment Agreements
- Make a recommendation on fact-based supplier selection with consensus of Quality, Marketing, NPI engineers, NPD, and Planning
- Create Dual + Procurement Strategies to support specific product categories, execute, and maintain them in response to business needs
- Establish ramp-up production plans and oversee progress, ensuring timetables are met
- Obtain prototype and qualification samples
- Oversee ramp up activities including: Equipment ordering and receipt, tooling ordering and receipt, hiring plans, facility expansions and raw material ordering / pipeline establishment, production flow diagrams, execution of the Quality Control Plan with the Quality and Manufacturing Process Engineering teams, etc.
- Participate with Quality, NPD, NPI engineers and Marketing in the PSA Sample run off and evaluation process for the new products and lead the effort for production expansion
- Once supplier / product is approved and initial ramp up completed, coordinate hand-off to the Core Products Planner or designated supplier
- Engage NPI for efficiency improvements at key suppliers
- Quarter-over-quarter cost improvements include but are not limited to
- Examining raw material, currency, and other input fluctuations for cost improvement
- Utilizing input from Manufacturing Process Engineering to drive cost improvements through efficiency gains
- Building duty / tax-efficient sourcing strategies
- Up to 60%, Domestic and International travel
Now for a little bit about you….
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of Sourcing / Procurement experience in a fast paced environment
- 5+ years of Supplier Development experience
- 5+ years of Project Management / supplier onboarding experience
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing quality, cost-effective, premium product solutions
- Demonstrated experience in developing suppliers, supplier processes and scalability
- Project management and supplier production ramp up management
- Networked in plastics and other core material categories to define new sourcing opportunities
- Strong understanding of plastics production processes
- Effective relationship building skill to drive cross-functional resolution
- PC skills – Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel domestically and globally and engage suppliers
- Understand various global customs as it pertains to business and developing partnerships
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 5 additional days after 5 years of service)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Benefits coverage (health, dental, vision, etc) and 401K
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.