Supply Chain Manager
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Searching for an individual that can help drive policy, process and practice in accelerating Forcepoint’s transformation strategy for Forcepoint’s Hardware Supply Chain. This person will drive the strategic and tactical business activities tied to all Forcepoint’s Individual Business Unit products: Sourcing, Total Cost, Planning and Inventory Management. Will require the ability to work cross functionally on assessing the current state of the business and develop/implement plans that ensure the business achieves its P&L plans in an optimal fashion.
- Build out a team that can meet and adapt to Forcepoint’s accelerated Global growth plan.
- Develop detailed process mapping, cross functional inputs/outputs, metrics, KPI’s and roles and responsibilities
- Firm knowledge of electronics vendor base to best evaluate and source component and integrator partners
- Familiar with lean and clean sheet practices to drive optimal total cost solutions.
- Report on business trends and analytics which include demand / attainment and forecast accuracy on product, providing recommendations to the Marketing and Sales team to minimize / eliminate E&O exposure to the business
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams on the timing and transition of new products for the inclusion in the demand management process.
- Alignment of material supply to the changing demand forecasts
- Review ECO & BOM structures and ensure implementation plans align with manufacturing strategy and revenue obtainment requirements
- Develop stocking strategies in alignment with lean methodologies to maintain security of supply where necessary. Periodically review critical ERP planning attributes and keep them aligned
- Build and maintain operational partnerships with assigned suppliers. Act as the primary interface with suppliers on material alignment to plan, issues and resolution.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Requires a BS/BA degree in a related field with 8-10 years of experience and 2-3 years of management experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic direction and execute strategy
- Proven problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and processes in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Flexibility and adaptability are key
- APICS certification preferred